What's new

Subwooofer issue/question (1 Viewer)

Paulauryn

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Keller
Hi, I have had a Bose Acouatimass 10 speaker system for years. Recently my bass module has developed an intermittent low thump sound regardless if I am sending a source through it or not. My question is twofold; any ideas or suggestions as to how to stop the thumping and if not can I remove the Bose bass module and use a different non-Bose sub? Thanks for any help.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If your Bose system is the type where all the speakers plug into the subwoofer, then you will not be able to replace the subwoofer with a non-Bose unit.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus
If your Bose system is the type where all the speakers plug into the subwoofer, then you will not be able to replace the subwoofer with a non-Bose unit.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Hi Wayne,
If the Bose subwoofer does not have all the speaker plugged into it, can this subwoofer be replaced ?

In particular, I have the Bose Lifestyle 650 system and the subwoofer has died and refuses to power up. I am thinking of replacing it with a non Bose subwoofer.

There is a Acoustimass 3.5mm output from the main console which I believe can be split into RCA jacks to a non Bose subwoofer.

Do you know if this would be possible?

Thank you
Marcus

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hi Wayne,
If the Bose subwoofer does not have all the speaker plugged into it, can this subwoofer be replaced ?

In particular, I have the Bose Lifestyle 650 system and the subwoofer has died and refuses to power up. I am thinking of replacing it with a non Bose subwoofer.

There is a Acoustimass 3.5mm output from the main console which I believe can be split into RCA jacks to a non Bose subwoofer.

Do you know if this would be possible?

Thank you
Marcus
We're going to need a pic of the back of the base unit, for starters. In general, Bose systems are closed and you're probably out of luck. Plus, that's really not a sub woofer, but a bass module. That's important because a Bose bass module might need to be capable of output up as high as 500Hz, which very few subs are capable of. They will go a lot lower though. To repeat myself, in general with Bose there are not any suitable substitute components that won't result in big holes in the frequency response.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks