What's new

Punky Brewster Season 2 (1 Viewer)

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I didn't see a thread on this one specifically so I thought I would start one. I completed watching all but the Its Punky Brewster cartoon episodes on the last disc. Its been so long since I seen the show back when it originally aired many of the episodes were like seeing them for the 1st time with the exception of a few vague memories surfacing when seeing the episodes. The very last episode... (spoiler contains a question about it so if you don't mind getting a little spoiler about it please read)... about the space shuttle explosion and how the kids felt about what happened. I thought they mentioned a dedication to the crew of the Challenger and had footage of the launch and explosion in the episode or was this some additional special that was aired along side the episode?
I remember I was very emotional over this episode.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I don't remember that. I have PB season 2 and haven't got to the end of the episodes, but I do remember something sorta like what you mentioned.

Richee

Auditioning
There was also supposed to be a mention on the episode where Cherie gets locked in the broken fridge that the story was submitted durring a contest by an 8 year old kid.. that was not mentioned on the DVD episode! The original had an appearance by the boy at the begining!

Also the original second season episodes were in stereo, as some of them have mention of it on the title screen... however, these were mixed in mono on the DVD leaving a weird 'tunnel' sound to music and audience laughter..

other than that, I am glad that they were released, and not cut episodes like the ALF DVD was!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

It is true. The Family Channel still had it when it was repeated (but the body of the episode was cut heavily), and I may have it somewhere.

There is one stereo episode, "Urban Fear," the third episode on disc 3, and it sounds like rechanneled mono to me. However, it doesn't have that "tunnel" effect Richee mentioned.

Video quality was better than season 1, however.

Richee

Auditioning
No.. they were all orginally produced in stereo, though only a few show the old 'In stereo where available' text on the start of the show.

If you listen closely, there is a tunnel sound to the music and laughter... not an echo let me just say... but a type of muffled sound that you would reconize if you had a ear for the mixing of audio! I can notice it on the second season, where it is no present on the first season, which was originally mono to start with!

My question is, will they release the other two seasons on DVD? If I remember... the first two were the only ones produced by NBC, where the second seasons were continued by another company! I could be wrong... but if I am right, will they be able to obtain the episodes and will they be full episodes, or will they be clipped episodes as they have done with the ALF DVD?

It sucked to see scenes in the credits of Alf that you did NOT see when you watched it! Why not put the full length episodes on the disk, instead of the cut ones? :frowning:

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

i remember that now to though I didn't know what episode it happened in.

I too am glad they didn't butcher the sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks