What's new

Punch-Drunk Love trailer (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw the trailer for Punch-Drunk Love (played before Road to Perdition), and have to say it appears to have Adam Sandler in a Jimmy Stewart-like role as a normal guy caught up in unusual circumstances with a unrelenting phone sex operator. It's seems whimsical in the use of the music that went along with the trailer while showing lots of running and motion from Sandler. It sort of looks promising.
The official website has 8 snippets teasers.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I saw the trailer for Punch-Drunk Love (played before Road to Perdition), and have to say it appears to have Adam Sandler in a Jimmy Stewart-like role as a normal guy caught up in unusual circumstances with a unrelenting phone sex operator.
And an apparent fetish with pudding...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
The trailer certainly got my attention. I can't believe I'm looking forward to an Adam Sandler film.

-greg

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I downloaded the trailer when the Cannes Film Festival was going on...and I must say it interested me. I would normally see PTA's films, but if Sandler is good...than that's just an added bonus.

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
I went to see Perdition with my mother, and after the trailer ended she says "What was that about?"
I'm definately looking forward to it. :)
(Oh, and they also played the Gangs of New York trailer. :emoji_thumbsup: )

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if ANY HTF Movies Forum denizen is not looking forward to this film in some way.
I think Sandler's a potentially hilarious guy who's been in on an obnoxious auto-pilot for years.
And if there's ONE director who could turn things around for Adam... 'nuff said.
;)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm not a fan of Sandler, but I love P.T. Anderson's work.

Because this is a P.T. Anderson film cast with Sandler (as opposed to a "Sandler film"), I'm anxious to see this.

PTA gets the most out of his actors, which is why we'll see a whole new side to Sandler.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I loved this trailer.
I loved loved loved loved LOVED this trailer. ADORED it. Smiled and laughed throughout it, even if one could argue succesfully that PT Anderson seems to be channeling the Coen Brothers here (perhaps that's just the wacky cutting of the trailer). I'm more than sure that this will be Sandler's best film role to date (you KNOW how much I loved Mr. Deeds! :laugh:)
Okay, so just in case you didn't know, I LOVED this trailer. :)
Jason

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I was laughing out loud at this trailer and it appeared that I was the only person doing so in a packed theater. I don't think many people knew what to think of it. I cannot wait for this movie, and I'm by no means a Sandler fan. The last movie of his that I saw was "Happy Gilmore".

My thoughts exactly.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
The mention of it feeling like a Coen film is an interesting comparison.
At Cannes, Elvis Mitchell stated that Punch-Drunk Love feels like "a Jacques Tati film directed by the Coen Brothers".
Of course, after hearing that - my anticipation for watching this film tripled.
Can't wait to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks