What's new

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future Trilogy (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mine did ship last night as well. Apparently a large number of the pending orders from Ebay went out last night.
It appears that Gruv is honoring a lot of the orders other than those they cancelled very early on. I've read of very few cancellations
sent out outside of the first week after order -- hopefully not counting the vultures who ordered 10-20+ copies (or rumored some ordered 50-100 copies). I have to commend Universal/GRUV for doing this, but certainly would never have made a peep if they'd cancelled them all since it was pretty obvious this was not an intentional price.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, since we've already been talking BTTF a lot recently, I figured this was as good a place to post this sad news as any.

Elsa Raven has passed away at the age of 91. She is probably best known for being the "save the clock tower" lady who gives Marty the flyer in the first film. It wasn't a big part, but it was obviously a very significant one, because his possession of the flyer provides the solution for him to return to 1985 without plutonium. Here is her scene.

May she Rest In Peace.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am so proud of Michael J. Fox. He has put himself out there in public with his disease and people have embraced him.

Just watched part of the video of the live read. Really fun, though I wish the guy hosting and adding his personal comments wasn't there to ruin it. I would have loved to see the reading uninterrupted and let us decide what is funny and what is not.

Very sad news about the clock lady.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I could have sworn there was more discussion about this that I'm not seeing now. Perhaps it was in another thread?

Whatever the case, the price went up to $49.99 shortly after I ordered on September 27th. On October 13th I got a message indicating it was backordered, but I just got a shipping notice, so it would appear they are in fact honoring the orders that got in at $9.99.
My copy showed up yesterday.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$25 at Amazon right now...

That's pretty incredible

To think most all of us paid ... what? ... at least 3x that price when it was released.

I tell you, savings come to all who have the patience to wait. Unfortunately, for releases like this, there is little patience.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't buy box sets at launch anymore, especially if I only watch one of the films included in the set (Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future etc.).

JWC1969

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I don't buy box sets at launch anymore, especially if I only watch one of the films included in the set (Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future etc.).
Understood. But look at it this way: $25 is so cheap you could keep BTTF1 and use the other disks as drink coasters, the latter probably more cost effective than buying actual coasters!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Understood. But look at it this way: $25 is so cheap you could keep BTTF1 and use the other disks as drink coasters, the latter probably more cost effective than buying actual coasters!

But that's why he qualified that "at launch anymore"... ;):D

... although the BTTF 4K set was actually briefly even cheaper(!) than $25 direct from Universal's online store (on eBay) during preorder period, IIRC...

I missed the boat on that deal, but still ended up getting it for under $30 off eBay back in late-2020. And truth be told, you could've gotten it direct from gruv.com (Universal's own online store) for ~$25 shipped for a good while now -- they have a perpetual 20%-off coupon, and this set has been nominally priced at $31.50 for some time (and might've been even less at some point during the holiday shopping season)...

_Man_

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Looking at Mike Frezon's Weekly Roundup, the BTTF set was $42.99 when it came out back October 20, 2020. Since it was about $40, I was willing to pick it up when it came out despite assuming that it would eventually drop to $30 or cheaper but I don't really mind having lost out on $18 to have gotten when it came out. Now in the case of the Indiana Jones, Alfred Hitchcock, and Universal Monsters sets, they were significantly more than $40 so I waited for a sale and got those much cheaper than they were upon release.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yes. But I don't mind having paid more to buy it in 2020. I have used my purchase enough between then and now to get something out of the extra cost.
On top of that, I happen to be one of those fools who like having SteelBook editions, and with most of them, you have to get them ASAP or you're SOL.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yes. But I don't mind having paid more to buy it in 2020. I have used my purchase enough between then and now to get something out of the extra cost.
Looking at Mike Frezon's Weekly Roundup, the BTTF set was $42.99 when it came out back October 20, 2020. Since it was about $40, I was willing to pick it up when it came out despite assuming that it would eventually drop to $30 or cheaper but I don't really mind having lost out on $18 to have gotten when it came out. Now in the case of the Indiana Jones, Alfred Hitchcock, and Universal Monsters sets, they were significantly more than $40 so I waited for a sale and got those much cheaper than they were upon release.

Not sure about you guys, but I suspect at least some of us mind partly because we've (seen and) been redipping on these so many times already after each new format release, LOL...

_Man_

JWC1969

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I know. $25 for one 4K movie I want is more than worth it. I purchased it.
But that's why he qualified that "at launch anymore"... ;):D

... although the BTTF 4K set was actually briefly even cheaper(!) than $25 direct from Universal's online store (on eBay) during preorder period, IIRC...

I missed the boat on that deal, but still ended up getting it for under $30 off eBay back in late-2020. And truth be told, you could've gotten it direct from gruv.com (Universal's own online store) for ~$25 shipped for a good while now -- they have a perpetual 20%-off coupon, and this set has been nominally priced at $31.50 for some time (and might've been even less at some point during the holiday shopping season)...

_Man_
Re: "at launch anymore," I really need to learn to read more carefully. My bad!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought I'd bump this old thread with some related news in case anyone is interested. The original cast recording of Back to the Future The Musical dropped yesterday on digital music services. Physical CDs are currently expected to follow on April 15.

The show includes "The Power of Love," "Earth Angel," "Johnny B. Goode" and "Back in Time" plus a full score of new songs written for the stage production by Alan Silvestri and Glenn Ballard.

Back to the Future The Musical Original Cast Recording.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
In your opinion would 'Back to the Furture' be as iconic, and memorable if Eric Stoltz kept his role in the film?

No way of knowing, but I don't think so. It is one of those magic films in which an actor makes it great. Michael J Fox was that magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks