What's new

Project Gotham Racing (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
This was the first Game I got with the Xbox over a year ago.

I find it to be a fun game, especiallwith with the DD sound setup, very usefull in blocking.

However, I've recently returned to playing it and am just curiose who out there has earned Gold medals in all the arcade style play. I find for me this feet to be impossible. While on the easy level I can get golds no problem, when I move on to the medium hard and very hard the best I can get is Bronze with maybe a silver or 2 thrown in. If you've gotten golds whats the secret.

Also has anyone unlocked the F50, I see this as something slightly more possible but not much.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Well, I've got all golds in the arcade races. If you wait until you get the F50 before trying the tougher arcade races, that might help you. It's fast & you can get in a lot of powerslides, too.

Which cars do you have? It's all about choosing the right car for the arcade races. The Ferrari 360s (I think it is) are also a good choice, because they are also fast but can slide around too, which is crucially important for getting big points in the arcade mode.

You need to string together combos as long as possible which sometimes means you have to get it sideways on a straightaway.

Let me know which cars you have and I'll see if I can offer some more specific advice.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I've scored all gold and unlocked the top Ferrari. Getting the Ferrari actually isn't that tough. Just use your Jokers on the tracks you did the best on before, and place in some of the races in the extra season.

Getting the golds can be tough, but once you get good, it should be easy to score many times the point value you need for a gold medal. All I can tell you is to try to fully combo the track(there are only one or two in the game that aren't fully comboable). I've done about 2.5 laps on a few of the 3 lap tracks before without banking my points, but I haven't been able to score that elusive start to finish combo. If you've got extra time, you can drive around in a small circle in a wide corner or straightaway, just sliding enough to keep your kudos tallying. If you can rack up a big combo leading up to the 360's, then carry it through and score some more before banking, you can probably get enough for a gold on that one trick string and avoid having to practice a track enough to fully combo it.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the input. I never thought a track could bve fully comboable.

I have allthe cars minus the F50 and the ones to be won on the arcade Medium hard and very hard levels.

I've been using the Feroce for the arcade since it has the best acceleration and handling of almost all the cars. I'll have to try sliding in the long straights to see if I can keep the points rolling, never tried that before.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
That's amazing you guys can actually do that. PGR is a blast as you can always come back to it. Amazing bargain now that it's on the "platinum series" rack for Xbox.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Bill, the Feroce is probably one of the worst cars to use in arcade mode. I think that's why you're having problems. The Feroce's handling is too good for this mode. In order to get big points, you need to do a lot of sliding around, which the Feroce doesn't do so well.

-Dan

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Yeah tried using the Viper, which is horrible control wise and I get pretty good numbers but keeping it from hitting the damn cones is a real chore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks