What's new

Problems with Eagles DVD DTS Concert (1 Viewer)

Jim Ed

Agent
I am unable to get the DVD to play in DTS. I am not sure why. I do not have trouble with any of my other DTS titles. I have a Toshiba 2700 player and Sony STR-De945. It opens with the menu selection for PCM or DTS and I select DTS however nothing happens.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Jim, where did you get this dvd? I bought one through half.com and it too wouldn't play in dts. After further inspection, the dvd was a fake. :frowning:

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
If you bought it from Dvdempire I would say that it is most definitely Not a fake.
There may be a set up problem with you system. How do you have your player connected to the receiver?
-Chad

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I went ahead and put in my disc.

The very first screen is the choice between DTS and PCM.

Once you select DTS it starts to load, goes to an Image intro and then to the exploding disc DTS intro and then directly to the program. No other menus.

Can you get it to play in PCM?

-Chad

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Not only is Seven Bridges Road available in DTS only, there is no visuals, just a menu screen.
The rest of the disc is DTS and PCM.
-Chad

Jim Ed

Agent
It plays fine in PCM and my reciever and DVD player are connected via a Ditigal Co-Axial cable. ALl my other DTS titles work fine.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
You could just have a bum disc. Drop Dvdempire an email and they will do an exchange.

Does the disc freeze when you select DTS? Or is there just no sound?

-Chad

Jim Ed

Agent
While trying to select DTS it always highlights the PCM selection. I tried it on 3 DVD Players tonight. I am bummed.

Greg Br

Second Unit
I just bought this disk tonight, although mine has no video, are there two different disks? this seems like a oversized cd that said dts all over it when I bought it. I never had a option, it just started playing music in dts.

About the disk, this is one of the best collections of music I have ever heard. Do they make this disk in dvd-audio SACD.

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
When I play this DVD, there is no DTS except on the 7 Bridges Rd track. All the other tracks are uncompressed PCM stereo. I've read the label numerous times and this is clearly stated on the label. My equipment agrees that this is correct. I guess there must be different versions of this DVD. Anyway, the sound is great.

Best regards-Henry

Dan V

Stunt Coordinator
Greg, there is a DTS cd version of Hell Freezes Over, which does differ from the dvd. It is in effect a standard cd that is mixed in 5.1 DTS sound. It has no video, as it is a cd, not a dvd. They are releasing quite a few titles this way, and they do differ from SACD and DVD Audio, as they are playable on any cd player (or dvd player) that outputs digital sound( through either a coaxial or optical cable) to a DTS capable receiver.

Greg Br

Second Unit
Dan

I appreciate the reply. Just to clarify my newbie curiosity, if I put the Eagles DTS CD, which is what I think I have cause there is no video, into a digital cd player with digital outputs then my receiver will decode this and play it in 5.1 surround? It would seem this would be an advantage if you have a killer cd player over a average DVD player.

Also, if I buy the DVD-Audio HFO I was told it will play in a normal DVD Player, just not in the higher resolution.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Also, if I buy the DVD-Audio HFO I was told it will play in a normal DVD Player, just not in the higher resolution.
Greg,
There is NO DVD-Audio version of HFO. Only two DVD-Video versions, one in DD and one in DTS. The DTS cd version, which I assume you bought, is in a jewel case. The DVD-Video versions are in normal DVD cases. Mine is in a snapper, but I think the newer copies are in keep cases.
-Chad

Greg Br

Second Unit
Mine is in the jewel case, but in general, if I buy a DVD Audio disk can I play this in my DVD Video player. I am looking to get some 5.1 disks but I plan on getting a DVD Audio player this summer, so if my current player can play the disks I might as well bye them now if they still work.

StephenL

Second Unit
There is a problem with this DVD. If you try to skip to the next chapter during the last (or only) chapter of any title (including the intro's/trailers), the player defaults to the PCM soundtrack and DTS is no longer available. The DVD player must be reset by ejecting the DVD and loading it again. I've experienced this problem with a Panasonic and Pioneer DVD player. Avoid pressing the "next track" button and make your selection from the menu instead.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Greg,

I think you missed my statement that they never released Hell Freezes Over on DVD-Audio. Therefore you couldn't have purchased it.

-Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks