What's new

The godfather 4k disc freezing (1 Viewer)

ichabodcrane1799

Auditioning
Real Name
Luca
Hi everyone. Sorry for my English. I have the Godfather trilogy 50th anniversary box set in 4k. I have a problem with the first and second chapter discs. The first freezes at 1:00:50, while Michael is having dinner with Kay. Skip forward a couple of minutes. The second chapter stops at about 1:08:00. Here I am even forced to forcibly go forward a couple of chapters. My player is a sony ubp x800m2. I've read that this player often has freezing problems with 100GB discs. I never had any problems with Blu-ray and DVD (I have a thousand) and I was very satisfied. Lately with 4k movies I've had freezing problems with more than one disc towards the end of the movies. But it was enough to go back a few seconds and magically they no longer blocked. He also seems to have solved these problems with a couple of settings found on YouTube. As regards godfather 1 and 2, however, there is no solution. They always get stuck at the same point and you can hear noise inside the player. What can it be? On the internet, I read two/three users who had the same problem as me with the godfather. They seem few to me if I have to blame the Sony player. Don't you think so? Thanks to anyone who will give me advice

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Hi everyone. Sorry for my English. I have the Godfather trilogy 50th anniversary box set in 4k. I have a problem with the first and second chapter discs. The first freezes at 1:00:50, while Michael is having dinner with Kay. Skip forward a couple of minutes. The second chapter stops at about 1:08:00. Here I am even forced to forcibly go forward a couple of chapters. My player is a sony ubp x800m2. I've read that this player often has freezing problems with 100GB discs. I never had any problems with Blu-ray and DVD (I have a thousand) and I was very satisfied. Lately with 4k movies I've had freezing problems with more than one disc towards the end of the movies. But it was enough to go back a few seconds and magically they no longer blocked. He also seems to have solved these problems with a couple of settings found on YouTube. As regards godfather 1 and 2, however, there is no solution. They always get stuck at the same point and you can hear noise inside the player. What can it be? On the internet, I read two/three users who had the same problem as me with the godfather. They seem few to me if I have to blame the Sony player. Don't you think so? Thanks to anyone who will give me advice
Class Action Suit.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

I've always read of more reports with freezing UHD discs on Sony players. Never had an issue with these films on my Panasonic 420.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Sony's players are notorious. I don't know why. They practically invented 4K. Have the UBP-800 with complete upgrades and it doesn't help.

Finally bought the Panasonic 9000 for my upstairs player and the Magnatar (Oppo replacement) for my downstairs player.

No problems. The Sony won't even switch from playing standard Blu to 4K.

If I put a standard Blu in first, and then try to put in a 4K, the thing just chokes and sits there with a blank screen. Nothing short of unplugging and rebooting will work. But you have to do it every time.

Pain in the butt.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Manufacturing has gotten sloppy. Sometimes they don’t always clean off all of the material they use to protect discs when stacked prior to packaging. Some gentle liquid soap and water and gently wiping it will usually solve the problem.

Last edited:

Mrozsa

Agent
Real Name
Ken Newberry
Interestingly my problems with the Abyss 4K disc freezing (see my post in The Abyss thread) happened on two different Sony players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks