What's new

Problems with Eagles DVD DTS Concert (1 Viewer)

Greg Br

Second Unit
I have the DTS CD of this album, I am clear on that.

My question is tonight I am going to the store and I am thinking of buying ELP Brain Salad Surgery, will this DVD Audio disk play in 5.1 surround in my regular DVD Player.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
My question is tonight I am going to the store and I am thinking of buying ELP Brain Salad Surgery, will this DVD Audio disk play in 5.1 surround in my regular DVD Player.
The Dolby Digital 5.1 track will. The Advanced Resolution Stereo and Adv. Res. 6-channel surround tracks will not.

JimChan

Stunt Coordinator
Note that ELP DVD-A (and some early Warner titles) does NOT contain an Advanced Stereo track, it only contains an Advanced multi-channel track and a DD track.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Note that ELP DVD-A (and some early Warner titles) does NOT contain an Advanced Stereo track, it only contains an Advanced multi-channel track and a DD track.
Are you sure? I don't own this but the packaging says "This disc plays 3 ways: Advanced Resolution Stereo ..."

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
There is NO DVD-Audio version of HFO. Only two DVD-Video versions, one in DD and one in DTS.
That is only partially correct. You are right in stating that there is no DVD-Audio version. But there is also 'NO' Dolby Digital version of 'Eagles: Hell Freezes Over'.

'Eagles: Hell Freezes Over', is available only in the following versions & formats:

1) Vinyl LP: Analog Stereo (Record Player reguired)

2) Audio CD: PCM Stereo (Audio-CD player required)

3) Audio CD: PCM-DTS 5.1 (Audio-CD player with Digital Out required)

4) Laser Disc: PCM Stereo (Laser Disc Player required)

5) Laser Disc: PCM-DTS 5.1 (Laser Disc Player with Digital Out required)

6) DVD-Video: DTS 5.1 / PCM Stereo (DVD-Video player, with 'Digital Out' capable of passing thru DTS signal, required for DTS 5.1)

There is actually only one DVD-Video version of 'HFO'. Although there are two different covers that the 'HFO' DVD-Video is available in, one says DTS on the cover while the other one does not, the disc inside is actually the same in both cases. Therefore all copies of the 'HFO' DVD have the DTS track on it.

PS: A DVD-Audio of 'Eagles: Hotel California(1976)' is available. It has the following tracks on it.

1) PCM 5.1 (DVD-Audio player required)

2) DTS 5.1 (DVD-Video player with 'Digital Out', capable of passing thru DTS signal required)

3) Dolby Digital 5.1 (DVD-Video player with 'Digital Out' required)

4) PCM Stereo (DVD-Video or Audio-CD player required

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
There is a problem with this DVD. If you try to skip to the next chapter during the last (or only) chapter of any title (including the intro's/trailers), the player defaults to the PCM soundtrack and DTS is no longer available. The DVD player must be reset by ejecting the DVD and loading it again. I've experienced this problem with a Panasonic and Pioneer DVD player. Avoid pressing the "next track" button and make your selection from the menu instead.
I have had no such problem with either Sony or Pioneer DVD players.

Sanjay

Member since 1997

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks