What's new

Priorities: Which XBL games will most of you get? (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, I already own NBA2K3 and NFL2K3 and I've pre-ordered MechAssault and Ghost Recon.

I'll be getting Unreal Championship in a week or so as well.

I'm waiting on the reviews for NHL2K3, but I'll be getting that as well, especially if it is reviewed well.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Well, I can play Moto GP,since I have most of the tracks unlocked & on my HD...also own NFL2K3 :)
Games I'm picking up are Mechassault, GRecon, & Unreal.
That is enough for now..what with still having to finish off SMS,Vice City, ICO, & buying Metroid Prime, RE Zero, & Steel Battalion.
That is plenty enough.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
MechAssault for me and Metroid Prime (I know it's not XBL, but I HAVE to play it!):D Down the road after that, Unreal Championship and possibly Splinter Cell.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I have Whacked! already (highly underrated game IMHO).
I'll pick up Mech Assault soon and that is probably it for now.

UC doesn't interest me since I have UT2k3 combined with the hundreds of downloadable maps and mods already. UC just can't compete with that, even with the comunicator.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I have Unreal Championship, Mech Assualt, and Ghost Recon already paid for... just waiting to pick them up.

Can't wait to play all of them with you guys.

Tom

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
It looks like MechAssault is the most popular launch-day choice.

It looks like I'll be getting MechAssault & Ghost Recon, picking up UC later. Or heck, maybe I'll just get them all.

Either way, this is looking like a $200+ week. Ouch.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I already have NFL Fever and I have MechAssault on order. No point in getting Unreal since I have it for the PC. After that, we'll see. I still have to get through Kingdom Hearts, Bloodrayne, Silent Hill 2, and Metroid Prime.

Mike

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've Preordered Unreal and Mech Assault, I'll pick up NHL2K3 eventually too maybe a couple of weeks later. I Also want to at least get one of the Online fighting games. Look like my DVD purchases are gonna take a hit, and those Damn TNG sets are still coming.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hey can someone give me instructions on how to get the Gametag on you messages I can never get that to work...

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
By practicing an almost superhuman amount of restraint (for me anyway), I'm just getting Xbox Live, Mech Assault, and Splinter Cell before Xmas.
You and me both, Brother. This is my plan as well. Although depending on reviews I expect Unreal and possibly Ghost Recon will be not far behind.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Although depending on reviews I expect Unreal and possibly Ghost Recon will be not far behind.
Speaking of which, IGN has a review up for UC now ...insider of course.

Edit: just found the summary over on Gaming age

Presentation
Lots of text describing arenas and characters and a few movies here and there to convey the "sport" theme, but not much glitz and glamour otherwise. 7.0
Graphics
Very good considering there's no difference between the look of online and offline games. Occasional stutters in framerate. 8.0
Sound
Good sound effects from guns, explosions and characters, but annoying game announcing can get to you. 8.0
Gameplay
Aim. Shoot. Repeat. But it's done well enough in both the single player and online modes that you will not get bored. 9.0
Lasting Appeal
Enjoyable multiplayer game modes and the potential for downloadable content through Xbox Live will keep you and UC fresh. 10.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.2

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Im going to pick up Unreal Championship and
Mechassault this weekend. I also plan on picking
up Ghost Recon and MotoGP sometime before Christmas.

-Mike

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Ghost Recon and Marvel vs SNK are very high on my list... I'm mostly a renter, but I see some titles in my near future.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, my pre-order from EBGames.com didn't go through today. They told me it would go through tomorrow most likely. That means no MechAssault or Ghost Recon until Friday afternoon. *sigh*

And I wanted to get in on some of the thursday action that I'm sure will be going on... Oh well!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Nuts. My FYE order for Unreal is backordered. :frowning: The Mechassault commercial looks pretty dang good, but all these DVD sets lately have just sucked out all my cash.
-Dave

Brian E

Screenwriter
Now if EB would just ship my dang order. I thought they shipped on or a day before release day and my MechAssault still hasn't shipped. :frowning:
Guess I'm just having lousy luck. Amazon hasn't shipped my LOTR 5 discer yet either.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
That's why I don't preorder stuff. I can usually get it faster by just picking it up locally. I had XBox Live preordered through EBGames but I cancelled it because I doubt if I'd have gotten it before Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks