What's new

Priorities: Which XBL games will most of you get? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
My wallet is going to lose a lot of weight this week, between the DVD's and the games coming out.
I've got to make a couple of decisions, and some of your input will help.
Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, and Splinter Cell all come out right around the same time. I will definitely be picking up Splinter Cell, no question.
How many of y'all will be getting Unreal Championship? I've got UT2K3, and I love it, but I think playing over XBL will be even better, because of the voice communication and the 5.1 sound - even though I've got 4.1 surround in my computer room. Playing Bombing Run and CTF with you guys online should be friggin' sweet!
I know that alot of us are also interested in Ghost Recon. Does anyone know if there is a SOCOM-like 3rd person perspective that you can play from? All the screens I've seen have the 1st person perspective with no on-screen gun. If I play 1st person, I vastly prefer to see my gun onscreen. However, I've heard great things about the game, so I'm pretty sure it will be good regardless.
Finally, as far as XBL is concerned, I'm really interested in Mech Assault. I just don't know how I could possibly play all these at once. I'm wanting to ask for at least one of the above games for Christmas.
Who's getting what?
On a sad note, I think I'll be ditching my copy of SOCOM this weekend. It hurts me to say it, but the Sony Online experience sucks compared to XBL. Some nights on SOCOM I got dropped a dozen times. I had a blast playing with some of you (mostly getting killed), but I'm gonna be moving on to some better things with XBL games. I hope to be killed by some of you in the very near future. :D

Scott "E"

Second Unit
I'll be picking up Mech Assualt and Ghost Recon on launch day. I'm going to hold off on UC for the time being as I wasn't all that impressed with UT2k3, but if there's a lot of HTF members playing, I might not have a choice :).
I've also got Steel Battalion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion and Splinter Cell preordered. Damn, anybody want to take my place at work for a few months :D.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm currently picking up Mech Assault only. That's it. Will likely add another title or 2 by the end of the year, but will play it by ear.

I definitely won't buy Unreal unless they end up supporting mouse/keyboard.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I'm not normally a big mech game fan, but from what I am reading about MechAssault it seems like that is really the title to get for XBL. I'm sure I'll pick up UC as well, but MA is the one I'm really looking forward to.

And Moto, of course. Can't forget about lovely Moto.

Brian E

Screenwriter
The only title I'm getting for XBL for sure at this point is MechAssault. Beyond that I don't know yet.

Frederick

Second Unit
MechAssault for now. Too many games out, and I could only afford to get one at launch. Just reserved it today.

Freddy C.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've tried to refrain from buying alot of other games in the past two months so that when next week came around, I wouldn't feel so guilty about walking into the local futureshop or EB and walking out with 3 or 4 games at once. I'm currently planning on Mechassault, NHL 2K3, and either Ghost Recon or Unreal Championship (currently leaning towards Ghost Recon).

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand the lack of enthusiasm for UT2K3. I'm absolutely in awe and can't wait to get my hands on UC. That's my #1 item on the list. Pretty much everything else leaves me cold, except for MeachAssault which I'll be picking because of the buzz.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
By practicing an almost superhuman amount of restraint (for me anyway), I'm just getting Xbox Live, Mech Assault, and Splinter Cell before Xmas. I'm already on a game/DVD moritorium from the wife, but I've lobbied hard enough for those three that they will probably show up on the B-day Nov 30 ;)
Good times this Xmas for game fans no matter what...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting that game that allows you topple buildings onto your friends...

And I'll also be Ghost Recon, but I'm really looking forward to the building destroyer game.

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
I've got Ghost Recon and NHL 2k3 on order but am holding off on UC and Mech till my next gaming binge. Wish I didn't need a job to support my gaming habits.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
I think I'm in the NHL2k3 and either Ghost Recon or MechAssault camp for Xbox Live!, and I've already got Splinter Cell on order. I'll probably rent Ghost Recon and MechAssault first to see which floats my boat more :). For whatever reason, I'm really looking forward to some online hockey. I suck, and hardly know the rules, but I think there's a lot of promise there.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
For me its Mech Assault and NHL2K3 - Both preordered :) Already have NFL2K3 (rocks on LIVE.. as long as there's no divergence), UT2K3 and Ghost Recon on PC so not enough reason to re-purchase them for XBOX... unless enough HTF members do too ;)
And wife has me on hold now for B-Day/Christmas too :frowning: Thank God I preordered the others...

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I'm going to just start with ghost recon and then try to talk my wife into letting me get nhl the week after. Divergence does suck on nfl 2k3 Howie and I seem to get it whenever I host and he said that if he hosts I have to spot him 7 points so I"m trying to work out a comprimise :).

Jason Price

Second Unit
Splinter Cell, probably NHL2k3, and probably MechAssault. No interest in UC, and I've already played GR out on the pc.

I'm curious about NHL2k3, as I've never played any of the Sega NHL games. I've always liked EA NHL games, but won't buy them until they support XBL...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting Unreal Championsship. Possibly MechAssualt, but I'm renting it first. Same with Ghost Recon.

-Dave

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
IF I can get an XBox and a starter kit at some point, then it will most certainly be NHL 2K3. After that I don't know, maybe MechAssault. But by the time I get a box, there will probably be more to choose from.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Mechassault's it for me. The only other game I'm getting between now and Christmas (since they delayed DOA XVB) is Steel Battalion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks