What's new

Powerless (NBC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
15732060_370028596683453_4454222961931628514_o_FULL.jpg
“POWERLESS” — Thursday, Feb. 2 at 8:30 p.m.
The latest D.C. Comics television series is a half-hour workplace comedy.
Starring Vanessa Hudgens, Danny Pudi, Christina Kirk with Ron Funches and Alan Tudyk
In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Tudyk) and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.

Promo:

I really hope this is good. There have been several stabs at this concept that never got picked up to series, and this one has the best cast and best tie-ins yet.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
It's in the TiVo, ready to try.
I'm going to give this a try, looks decent. Always liked Alan Tudyk (I remember him from "V").

How can you program so far into the future? With Dish Network, I can only go 8-9 days out, so I can't set this up for a few weeks.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
1) TiVo has a 14 day calendar
2) it knows about major premieres ahead of time for advance scheduling
3) you can tell it watch for shows, though I think that only works for known shows
4) mostly I use the "wife" feature which remembers to set programs to shows of interest when they're available

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
1) TiVo has a 14 day calendar
2) it knows about major premieres ahead of time for advance scheduling
3) you can tell it watch for shows, though I think that only works for known shows
4) mostly I use the "wife" feature which remembers to set programs to shows of interest when they're available
Why is it the "wife" feature? Is that like telling the tivo "you'd better not miss this one." :lol:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw that this company is called Wayne tools or something like that.

Anyway It doesn't look anything like Better Off Ted but if it's as funny as that show than this is very good news.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Better off Ted is Dilbert (but better) on tv. Powerless looks like a more meta-take on superheroes. Possibly a bit of Astro City: Local Heroes in sitcom form.

Which reminds me, I still haven't finished S2 of Better off Ted. Been slowly watching on Netflix the past five years. :)

Also, love BOT's "Lem" in Timeless.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The best part of "Better Off Ted" was the faux-commercials for Veridian Dynamics that would either lead into the commercial break or lead out of the commercial break.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm going to give it a chance. But the writing and acting were like a high school production. And that might be unfair to high school students.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Very shaky pilot that didn't quite click. But I like most of the cast and will give it a chance to gel.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
It sucked.

But not enough to quit in the middle of the episode. Since it's only 30 minutes (23 with commercial skip) I'm gonna give this a second look next week but I'm not optimistic.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Cheesy FXs.
Did like seeing Crimson Fox, Jack O'Lantern, and STARRO.

C+

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Cheesy FXs.
Did like seeing Crimson Fox, Jack O'Lantern, and STARRO.

C+
So the super heroes that do appear are real super heroes? Wait...wait, that didn't come out right. They are not made up just for this series?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks