What's new

Powerless (NBC) (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I never understand the networks doing this sort of thing. They already have the episodes "in the can". They are only showing repeats in its place. So why not just air the last 2 episodes? I get they felt the need to not make another season, but it just feels like spite to not air the last 2 of the current season.

Unlike most here, I enjoyed the show. I liked the idea more than the execution, but it was improving.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bummer. I've grown to like this weird comedy.

I never understand the networks doing this sort of thing. They already have the episodes "in the can". They are only showing repeats in its place. So why not just air the last 2 episodes? I get they felt the need to not make another season, but it just feels like spite to not air the last 2 of the current season.

Unlike most here, I enjoyed the show. I liked the idea more than the execution, but it was improving.
Opportunity Cost. The episodes are sunk cost. But they can lose less money on advertising by replacing it with a better show that gets better rates from advertisers and/or has higher viewership.

Or so I guess.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Opportunity Cost. The episodes are sunk cost. But they can lose less money on advertising by replacing it with a better show that gets better rates from advertisers and/or has higher viewership.

Or so I guess.
Yes, my understanding is that repeats of other shows were getting better ratings than new episodes of "Powerless", unfortunately.

My guess is that they burn off the last two episodes this summer or make them available On Demand.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Nice seeing Adam West one last time. I thought he looked good.
Vanessa's doppelganger was played by her sister Stella.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks