What's new

Posts altered/deleted (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I have noticed a recurring problem with some of my posts being altered or deleted and my not even being notified of the change.

Most recently. In the TV section. The post for this week's episode of 24. Whoever started it had put 23. My post, the second one, I asked, "23???". Today I look and the thread title has been changed and my post is gone. No mention of my spotting the problem or the title being changed or my post being deleted.

I feel that if a moderator is taking the trouble to alter or delete a members post, they should inform the memebr via a personal message as to what occured and why. It's only common courtesy.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I was the one who changed the heading from 23 to 24. I thought that a comment by a couple people in the thread about 23 would just confuse other people coming into the thread later (since the title was now 24). Therefore I just deleted the two posts. I apologize for not informing you that I did this but I did not think it was that big a deal.
As for any of your other posts being altered or deleted I have no knowledge of that.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
John, in the vast scheme of things it's no biggie. If we had to notify members every time we made such minor alterations to a thread the way Frank did we'd get bogged down in the inconsequential. It'd be different if your post had been a significant entry instead of one correcting another member's mistake. Such posts are not worth commenting on.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
OK. My point is just, if a post is changed or deleted b/c something in it is wrong, (bending the forum rules, etc.), it'd be nice to know what one did wrong.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
John,
That was the reason you were NOT informed. It was just a minor correction and there was nothing wrong with the post. Anytime something more serious happens an admin will always send a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks