What's new

Pool Paradise (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Has anyone played this budget title? I took a chance on it at a friends advice and I have not been disappointed, it is a surprisingly well crafted game for a $20 release & although some of the graphics do give away it's budget roots the actual gameplay is solid and the variety of tables, tweaks & sub-games have me absolutely addicted to it.
In particular the "crazy tables" & "Rocket" games are a blast to play, Crazy Tables are fairly self explanatory & Rocket is an interesting and unique sub-game that literally takes you on a rocket ride to the moon to play on a low-Gravity table where the balls behave in a radically different manner, the play dynamics are bizarre but fun as hell.
I really like the use of the X + analog stick as your pool cue, it takes some getting used to at first but after awhile I found it to be one of the better approximations of realworld pool that I have yet played, it's a very intuitive system overall.

As I said, most of the graphics are not exactly what you would describe as "state of the art" but the solid gameplay is the real winner here. I happily recommend this title to any pool fan as it is one of the more addictive pool games I have played in recent memory & for $20 you really can't go wrong.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Doesn't really matter as from what I've read they are all basically the same (with this game) but for me it is the PS2, it has been said by some reviewers that the in-game animations run smoother on the PS2 than on the Gamecube.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I'm pretty sure it is multi-platform, X-Box included I believe.

BTW I have not read a single bad review of this title at any of the more popular game sites (GameFAQs - Gamespot etc.) I have looked it up at and it even gets rather high praise from UK game reviewers, who are rather picky when it comes to "snooker" games.
Rather odd that it is so under the radar when it comes to current console pool games since most of the reviewers I have read actually rate it higher than more "top tier" pool games that have come out in recent years, I really recommend getting it if you have any interest in Video Pool.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I thought I would revive this just to comment that the XBox version was canceled....a shame as I have gotten the Box Bug since i wrote this thread and would LOVE to have had this on the box................oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks