Polk LSi series speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Chuck Watwood, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Chuck Watwood

Chuck Watwood Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone tell me if Circuit City is selling this series of speakers? I was lurking over on the AVS forum and a poster mentioned that he worked at CC and was going to purchase this line of speakers. The last I knew, they couldn't be purchased through Circuit City? If they can be, I'm taking my RTi speakers back (full refund within one year) and purchasing the LSi's. Wow.

2. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I don't think CC carries the LSi line. Unless they JUST started to. Don't know anything about the AVS forum.

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

4. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

CC just had a sale on Polk speakers. I did not see this line of speakers there.

I just upgraded my RTi70's to RTi150's over the weekend. Sweet deal!!! I did the upgrade also and ended up just paying for one of the speakers. RTi150 was going for $899 a piece last fall, and saturday there were $523 a piece.

Paul

5. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

SVS is a sponsor of HTF, one could probably argue that this forum is as anti Hsu as you seem to think AVS is against SVS.

6. Chuck Watwood

My apologies if I offended anyone by suggesting that AVS forum might not be as pro SVS as HTF is. I was just making a comment about one particular post where an individual claimed his post about SVS was deleted by the moderator. Again, my apologies.

7. Steve-sas

Steve-sas Agent

I believe that CC employees can order and get the Polk LSi line through their sales rep but CC does not carry the line.

8. Joel~Solid

Joel~Solid Agent

Steve-sas is correct. CC employees can get the Polk LSI line of speakers factory direct for Polk. The can't be purchased in the store.

On a side note. I visit the AVS forums all the time they are far from Anti-SVS. They have a very big following over there. SVS is discussed a lot more then HSU @ AVS.

I wouldn't stand for any SVS bashing.

I'm a Dual PB2+ Owner [​IMG]

4 twelves and 1800 watts rms is a good thing. [​IMG]

Joel

9. Chuck Watwood

Joel,

I plan on purchasing a second PB2+ with tax money in the early spring. I just ordered my first one today. I hate the 2-3 week wait. I sold my 20-39PC+. Had it sold minutes after mentioning it. SVS are great subs. I would be interested in your thoughts regarding two of these big puppies. I am envious. I am watching the lord of the rings, two towers right now. I am hitting 110-113 db peaks on some of the bass passages with the 20-39 PC+ at reference level. I can only imagine what two PB2+'s must be like.

10. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

Chuck, congrats on the first of two PB2+ s. I think that you'll enjoy the Polk LSI speakers, from what I've read they are sweet. No offense taken, I think that both forums and both sub manufacturers are excellent. It's great to have more than one viable choice. I bet you're enjoying "The Two Towers".