What's new

Polk LSi series speakers (1 Viewer)

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me if Circuit City is selling this series of speakers? I was lurking over on the AVS forum and a poster mentioned that he worked at CC and was going to purchase this line of speakers. The last I knew, they couldn't be purchased through Circuit City? If they can be, I'm taking my RTi speakers back (full refund within one year) and purchasing the LSi's. Wow.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I don't think CC carries the LSi line. Unless they JUST started to. Don't know anything about the AVS forum.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Wow. On a different note, I also noticed that AVS forum is anti SVS subs? Very much so. One poster claimed that his post was taken down by the moderator. The moderator claimed that SVS was hijacking the thread? I personally think it has more to do with HSU subs being an advertiser on their forum. Thats my two cents.
There is a posting guideline on top of the speaker section there at AVS,have you read it?That would answer why threads being closed.

No CC don't sell LSI series Polks.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
CC just had a sale on Polk speakers. I did not see this line of speakers there.

I just upgraded my RTi70's to RTi150's over the weekend. Sweet deal!!! I did the upgrade also and ended up just paying for one of the speakers. RTi150 was going for $899 a piece last fall, and saturday there were $523 a piece.

Paul

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
SVS is a sponsor of HTF, one could probably argue that this forum is as anti Hsu as you seem to think AVS is against SVS.

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
My apologies if I offended anyone by suggesting that AVS forum might not be as pro SVS as HTF is. I was just making a comment about one particular post where an individual claimed his post about SVS was deleted by the moderator. Again, my apologies.

Steve-sas

Agent
I believe that CC employees can order and get the Polk LSi line through their sales rep but CC does not carry the line.

Joel~Solid

Agent
Steve-sas is correct. CC employees can get the Polk LSI line of speakers factory direct for Polk. The can't be purchased in the store.

On a side note. I visit the AVS forums all the time they are far from Anti-SVS. They have a very big following over there. SVS is discussed a lot more then HSU @ AVS.

I wouldn't stand for any SVS bashing.

I'm a Dual PB2+ Owner :D

4 twelves and 1800 watts rms is a good thing. :D

Joel

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
Joel,

I plan on purchasing a second PB2+ with tax money in the early spring. I just ordered my first one today. I hate the 2-3 week wait. I sold my 20-39PC+. Had it sold minutes after mentioning it. SVS are great subs. I would be interested in your thoughts regarding two of these big puppies. I am envious. I am watching the lord of the rings, two towers right now. I am hitting 110-113 db peaks on some of the bass passages with the 20-39 PC+ at reference level. I can only imagine what two PB2+'s must be like.

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck, congrats on the first of two PB2+ s. I think that you'll enjoy the Polk LSI speakers, from what I've read they are sweet. No offense taken, I think that both forums and both sub manufacturers are excellent. It's great to have more than one viable choice. I bet you're enjoying "The Two Towers".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks