What's new

advice on first speakers (1 Viewer)

pdong

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Dong
Hi Everyone, I am looking for my first 5.1 system - from 2.1 logitech z2300 computer speakers i have been using forever... now those z2300s already sound pretty good to me, albeit without the 5.1 effect, so i believe i can say with confidence i am definitely a sound noob, so anything more awesome than those are sure to make me happy. I am looking at some polk audio TSIs on amazon, and i have been able to piece together a system for $800: front: tsi300 rear: tsi100 center: cs10 sub: psw10 For some alternatives, i looked at the LSI series, but that is way too expensive to me (don't really want to spend more than $1000 on speakers). I have also been looking at Mirage nanosat 5.1 system, which seems to be half the price of a complete TSI system. could anyone please let me know if you have had some experience with either system? I have a living room about 25' x 17' and pioneer vsx 1021k receiver Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Spend a little more and get a BIC sub - http://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F12-475-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B0015A8Y5M/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_5 Your room is about the same size as mine and I use dual 15" subs and an amp that puts out 1,600w at 20hz to meet my bass requirements.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Thomass said:
build your own speakers! i love it!!
You are the exception to the rule. Most DIY sites have much smaller populations but they are more enthusiastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks