What's new

Please FINISH Peyton Place on DVD! *Official Thread* (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Believe it or not, there are still a few shows that I want too. However, I don't feel the need to post about wanting them over and over and over again, year after year after year. Does it help? Does it change anything? Unfortunately sometimes you do only get one shot at getting something. That's true for TV shows and for life in general. Opportunities present themselves and opportunities go away. Maybe its a TV show, maybe its a job or an apartment or a girl you wanted to ask out. Sometimes second chances come around but many times they don't.
You are right in that observation Neil.... life is filled with missed opportunities.we agree on that. I guess where you and I part ways is that I don't see any positive outcome of constantly reminding people of their lost chances or telling them they have no business requesting a show they missed out on. I just don't see anything to gain wit that other than making people feel bad.... which to my knowledge is not the point of this forum. If I felt that way, personally I would just ignore the post instead of possibly hurting someone's feelings... but everyone's different I guess.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
What I love about many of the threads is that they are created yes for in some cases for a release of a show but also just to share memories of show by fans. Give out facts that most fans might not know about a show and share them. Peyton Place is an iconic show and that is why I love to come here and yes hope for a release but also just to enjoy talking about it and sharing those facts.

I do not believe there is anything in the rules that state I cannot do this.

So if there is any company out there as Charles mentioned that would be interested that would be great.

Mark

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, there are still a few shows that I want too. However, I don't feel the need to post about wanting them over and over and over again, year after year after year. Does it help? Does it change anything? Unfortunately sometimes you do only get one shot at getting something. That's true for TV shows and for life in general. Opportunities present themselves and opportunities go away. Maybe its a TV show, maybe its a job or an apartment or a girl you wanted to ask out. Sometimes second chances come around but many times they don't.

Neil....this constant negativity has to stop. Look up the meaning of Schadenfreude in the dictionary, and your photo's right next to it!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All right, everybody! Let's STOP the personal comments directed towards each other and concentrate on the topic of the thread.

Peyton Place is an iconic show and that is why I love to come here and yes hope for a release but also just to enjoy talking about it and sharing those facts.

I do not believe there is anything in the rules that state I cannot do this.

Of course there's nothing in the rules against that. We, in fact, encourage discussion on such topics. This is, after all, a discussion forum. People may not agree as to what they want to write/read in a thread...but that's the stuff that keeps the world spinning on its axis.

But one of our rules is...absolutely no personal comments directed at other members. So that will...stop...now.

It's not about us, it's about the films and TV shows.

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
That is fair enough of course - while let's also remember to STOP all the negative 'rebuking' style remarks about people who were indeed discussing those films and TV shows over and over etc

- surely that 'discussion' is the point of a discussion forum in the first place ?

if people wish to discuss something about a film or TV show forevermore that is perfectly allowable isn't it ?

so lets all keep a friendly open attitude and not 'rebuke' each other

- or belatedly go waving assertive verbal 'big sticks' at posters who WERE simply quite happily discussing a much loved TV programme 'Peyton Place' in the first place either - fair enough ?

Last edited:

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
you were Mike, but do bear in mind the posters on here were quite happily discussing the TV show Peyton Place in the first place before being what could be easily taken as; 'told' about continuing to still discuss the subject etc - quote; 'I Don't feel the need to post about them over and over again...' (such an attitude - presumably hopefully quite unintended of course - nevertheless clearly has been taken by some as a kind of 'rebuke' and duly has upset a number of the posters as can be read in their replies above)

In my own posting I was very careful NOT to accuse anyone by name, indeed I specifically stated I assumed that any such possibly deemed to be 'controlling' stance was presumably NOT ever intended as such but still might be taken that way by some people who then could quite possibly be put off making any future postings for fear of being 'rebuked' for their daring to continue discussions as a result......
(surely not what we want eh ?)
Thank you

Last edited:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Man I do not know where to start or end this post. First because I have real life step in on me and I had plan to take some time off because of pain med's after a local surgery. I also have an almost 87 year old Mother who has gone into a health crisis which I know everyone here especially Charles and Mike can appreciate. Plus many more who either read or post here or on other threads can appreciate. So please indulge because I had no plans today to be doing any posting because of my condition. We baby boomers have now become custodians of our parents while trying to run our own lives and believe me I am not complaining as I know we all do it because it is the right thing to do and love doing it. It becomes hard though when you are an only child such as I am. But hey I have friends that say it does not matter it seems one person in the family always takes on the lions share. Sorry to be off topic.

I love PP is getting a great deal of attention at the moment. Like I think Frank suggested just talking about it does remind companies that they should look into it from a release stand point.

Last edited:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I try to dance around negative comments and not engage. I have always tried to abide by the rules and take what I think may not be a fair comment and tell the Moderator or even Ron if it is very bad. Ron really helped us a few years ago when a sort of pile on happened with Charles and I as the targets on this thread. Ron called it thread crapping a word I did not know LOL!! Charles being away dealing with the loss of his Mother and new problems and I am not speaking for him. I think Charles coming back here and from the prior history of when he and I on Christmas a few years back had to deal with a demand from posters to shut down this thread and name calling besides. I believe Charles thought here we go again. He is really dedicated to Peyton Place and is the founder of this thread.

I remember at one time complaining to Mike about name calling and he said "hey Mark you should hear some of the names I have been called". I thought wow if a reasonable guy like Mike has put up with this I guess I can forget what is being said about me. I never understood the other threads on HTF and it is the TV section not the Movies section where people seem to get into such fights. We are talking about TV shows not the end of the planet. But life is tough now days for all of us and we just want to enjoy our favorite shows share our thoughts with out negativity in a friendly forum. I believe Charles was right on that point and so was Frank and Jeff.

The old adage if you cannot write something nice do not write it at all fits on all threads. I think this is what Charles and Frank and Jeff are stating. That is why I wrote a quick post yesterday morning about sharing ideas not being against house rules.

Last edited:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I do not think I have ever called anyone names on the forum. I do not think I have sent a pm with name calling. I have complained to Mike more than I should have many a time. He and Ron have always stated do not worry about it Mark. So sure I get upset was my point.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I love Peyton Place and when I watch my recordings that have not been released I get upset with Fox that other people cannot have the chance to enjoy this great show. The acting writing directing set design music cues invented for each star the list goes on.

I really enjoyed hearing from Frank and Jeff because heck I am the only one here posting most of the time LOL!! Not to say they have not posted here before. Many people view and just do not post. The other thing is that once in awhile some person who may never post does and with some knowledge about the show which I never knew. This just happened recently with our Peyton Place friend from Puerto Rico. I get a real kick out of that. I also know that some of the stars from the show do read this thread. So that is why I am still here when I am able to be. Well long live Peyton Place.

Who knows I may be able to finish the show on DVD before I die. Who would have thought that we would have all the things we have now today when I was just a kid watching Dark Shadows and Peyton Place never dreaming I would own DS and part of PP someday. The studios may open up those vaults and release all the shows they have in the future. I thought MOD was a good idea and still do. I just wish Fox did. I am glad we got all of Irwin Allen out on a proper release but as the fans know some of those flip discs are a real pain. It has always been my bad luck that my favorite shows and movies are at Fox studios. Not all but a great deal of them. Movies especially from the 50s that I would watch with my Grandma back in 60s on TV on the late late show. Loved those moments!

I have to go. Have a great to all!
Mark

Last edited:

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Mark, thanks for your support! To our moderator, I stand behind what I said since a certain party seemed to show insensitivity and cruelty to us who hope that PP is re-released to home video. Under the circumstances you must admit I showed restraint, and not used language that would be considered unprintable. Interesting we have yet to hear from the offending party.....

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I do wish METV which Charles talked about or some other fans spoke of other stations would put the show back on. It would generate interest and help with that DVD release that us Peyton Place fans want so much. Like one company told me Shout should have released it in two parts. The main complaint was fans hated to buy Peyton Place when they saw there was just two volumes. I always have said though do not blame Shout. Those two volumes are put together quite well and that is why I encourage fans to buy them.

Charles my friend keep checking in here. Your passion for the show is great. Now I can go and take a pain pill. I remember the last time I was on these pills I was doing a binge of Lost in Space. Reported on it in LIS thread this was years ago. One guy said " Mark has proven the only way to endure the last two years of LIS is to be bombed out your head. I really laughed about that because I stated the last two years were not that bad and I still do not think they are.

Now it is time for some rest.

Mark

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Charles I did not see your post. Keep up the faith my friend and my prayers are with you.

Long Live Peyton Place!!!

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
I'm the one who posted from Puerto Rico.I do post here frequently, though I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with Peyton Place... just the anecdote I wrote about. I can say, though, that not too long ago I discovered the short lived series Ryan O'Neal was on before PP, Empire (1963), which was a great modern day western drama. And I also liked The Long Hot Summer (1965), starring a pre The Invaders Roy Thinnes and a post Naked City Nancy Malone. Based on the Paul Newman fifties movie (and William Faulkner), it's clearly influenced by PP, though, to the extent of it being called a 'southern fried Peyton Place'. Neither Empire nor Long Hot Summer have been released officially, although all 13 available episodes of Long Hot Summer (out of 26) are on YouTube.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Time to bump this thread up! Our own Neil Brock's trusty crystal ball reports that more PP is on the horizon!!!!! Can't wait for the official word.

BRODYRIVERS2

Auditioning
Real Name
MARK NELSON
Hoping this news about new releases of Peyton Place is correct. I'm new to this forum and hope to contribute regularly. I remain friends and am in contact with a number of Peyton actors, writers & producers. Would very much like to share "behind the scenes" stories.
I've just finished reading the past previous postings - great stuff !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks