What's new

Please FINISH Peyton Place on DVD! *Official Thread* (2 Viewers)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
The Stella Chernak plot lines bears some similarities to Selena Cross in my opinion. Family from the wrong side of the tracks. Fathers name was Gus in Selena's step father was Lucas. Her mother's name I don't recall but weren't they both domestics ? And Stella and Selena brothers were both named Joey.

Doesn't this next set begin with Elliot being cleared of the murder of his deceased wife and then the wedding of Elliot and Constance ? And it also contains Mariette Hartley and Leslie Nielsen as well in that plot somehow? Also doesn't Patricia Morrow appear I can't remember. It's been eight years since, I last watched ???? Apprx. where does it leave off with five discs ?

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Pat was already on as Rita- she joined near the end of the second set. Yes, we should see the wrap-up of the "Who Killed Elizabeth Hanley Carson?" story with the wedding soon. Be sure to place an order online for the new set!

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
I can’t believe this is finally happening and there hasn’t been a major announcement! I had all but given up hope and just checked again on a whim, and there’s Part 3 for preorder! Getting mine right now!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Part 4 out on June 26, 2018 with cover art below:

PeytonPlace_Part4.jpg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm a late-comer to this show and this thread, But I am happy to announce here that I just placed an order with Deep Discount for all three Peyton Place sets from Shout Factory. This is a total blind-buy for me, but I'm willing to chance it. Hopefully after Part 4 is released in June there will not be another 8 year hiatus for future releases.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm a late-comer to this show and this thread, But I am happy to announce here that I just placed an order with Deep Discount for all three Peyton Place sets from Shout Factory. This is a total blind-buy for me, but I'm willing to chance it. Hopefully after Part 4 is released in June there will not be another 8 year hiatus for future releases.

The first two DVD releases were a blind buy for me and I really enjoyed the show. I need to order Part 3 soon.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
My PP arrived Tuesday. There’s a notice at the beginning of the disc that the episodes have been transferred from the best elements available. Sure enough they are 16mm prints which are ok as such but they haven’t been cleaned up so there’s a lot of dirt in places, some splices. Audio is good. Certainly better than those Timeless releases of M Squad and Arrest&Trial.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
That's a very astute review! I also agree that it was a big mistake for ABC to expand to three nights of PP weekly- a smarter move would have been to switch to color starting with the second season. That was a missed opportunity as it turned out since SPOILER ALERT Mia Farrow's Allison MacKenzie leaves just before the first color episode aired in 1966. But on the other hand, we did get more episodes..........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks