What's new

Please FINISH Peyton Place on DVD! *Official Thread* (1 Viewer)

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Do you think it’s been bumped from the schedule or postponed? 9/11 is right around the corner and no Amazon preorder yet.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I’m noticing that some of the prints used in the part four set of “Peyton Place” are cut by a minute or two. They apparently didn’t bother to at least find all uncut prints of the episodes (there should have been multiple prints available from the original 16mn syndication prints).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Nope...no idea! Still no part 6 in sight. I hope it’s not a repeat of the long many-years wait between parts 2 and 3! We’ll be long gone from this earth before they get to the end.

There are a lot of shows that have run absolutely bone-dry for years without explanation; if those shows don't get a move on, we will be long gone!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
So far, no plans to release part 6 yet- is it the fault of Fox or Shout Factory. Does anyone know what's going on?

I saw somewhere that Shout! responded to a consumer inquiry stating there are no plans for future releases at this time (not sure if I saw that at Amazon or here). The more likely fault is that sales have been too low to continue. My guess, sales were too low after the first two parts were released, which is why the long delay afterwards. However, with likely expiring licensing coming up at some point, Shout! may have decided to give it another try by jump starting it with three more parts, but it probably still wasn't enough to continue moving forward. It's a shame for hardcore fans that did purchase. I had never seen it before but supported the releases by buying all five parts released, hoping to see it continue.

The state of the prints Shout! had to work with didn't help. Possibly, after Shouts! licensing agreement expires, someone else will give it a try. All though there is no evidence it will be supported any better.

Cynthia Kouznetsov

Auditioning
Real Name
Cynthia Kouznetsov
I started watching Peyton Place when I was about 12, so I had forgotten some of the story lines. Just finished binge watching Part 1-5. How can they just leave us in suspense? I hope they decide to release more sets of this show onto DVD. I am angry just to be left hanging!! This has nothing to do with the DVD's but watching these DVDs made me think of simpler times spent watching these in my youth and looking forward to the 2 nights a week it was on.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I started watching Peyton Place when I was about 12, so I had forgotten some of the story lines. Just finished binge watching Part 1-5. How can they just leave us in suspense? I hope they decide to release more sets of this show onto DVD. I am angry just to be left hanging!! This has nothing to do with the DVD's but watching these DVDs made me think of simpler times spent watching these in my youth and looking forward to the 2 nights a week it was on.

They like to keep us hanging. Part 2 came out in 2009, and Part 3 didn't come out until nearly ten years later in 2018! Let's hope Part 6 won't take as long.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I believe this is likely a case of two strikes and you are out. The original release stalled between 2009 to 2018, the reported reason was low sales. It appears after nine years they hoped that all those that eventually purchased the first two parts over that time frame might be ready to invest in more. However, even when putting out three new parts in short order, the sales still weren't there. I don't think Shout! is playing around, the market just isn't there for them to make a profit. The prints they have access to, are what they are, and to some not good enough. Then there are those that won't buy anything until completed, and that isn't going to happen. I think Shout! is done.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm sorry they didn't get through Lee Grant's Stella Chernak storyline since that was all I was interested in seeing.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Question did the Producers of the series ever consider replacing Mia Farrow as Allison ? Or they just decided to have her disappear into the night ? Actually, she could have been replace like many others on many series that were replaced. Like Pamela Sue Martin was on "Dynasty". I could have seen Leigh Taylor Young playing her instead of bringing in Rachel. They replaced Dorothy Malone with Lola Albright. In my opinion Albright was fine in the role of Constance. I watched the first episodes of Malone when she returned and she didn't look so great. They should have left Albright in longer she was great. It didn't seem to hurt the series when Malone was out. After Allison left the series never regained its popularity and started it's decline.

Royce Fox

Auditioning
Real Name
Royce Fox
Hi All, are there any dvd's of Peyton Place past part 5 available to buy on line ? or how do we get to see them ?

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Barbara Parkins has a great FACEBOOK page all about "Peyton Place" great photos from all seasons. Everyone that loves the series should check it out. You can get lost on her dedication and hard work showcasing this classic soap.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not on Facebook, but good to know there is still interest in the series. Here's hoping we here about new releases. I've been waiting for Part Six for awhile now (and no, I'm not holding my breath).

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I'm not on Facebook, but good to know there is still interest in the series. Here's hoping we here about new releases. I've been waiting for Part Six for awhile now (and no, I'm not holding my breath).

Shout! unstalled the releases once, but it is unlikely they will do it again based on the shape of the existing prints and resulting sales. Maybe after the licensing agreement expires someone else will take a chance. Like you say, not worth holding one's breath.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
How were the sales of the previous sets ?? They should have release five sets with each years worth....

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
How were the sales of the previous sets ?? They should have release five sets with each years worth....

The first two parts were released in 2009. Parts three, four, and five were all released with 2018 (just a couple of months between each part). I think they gave it a fair second chance by doing three parts within close succession. Unfortunately, it did not appear to be enough to continue with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks