1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Please FINISH Peyton Place on DVD! *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Charles Ellis, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Cinematographer

Thanks for the news- hopefully we can get through the Stella Chernak story and get into the sad tale of Ann Howard. That story led to a lot of changes that affected PP to the end!

Flashgear and JustARandomStan like this.
  2. tracyedgar

tracyedgar Stunt Coordinator

Do you think it’s been bumped from the schedule or postponed? 9/11 is right around the corner and no Amazon preorder yet.

3. JustARandomStan

JustARandomStan Stunt Coordinator

Stan
    Maybe just order it from the Shout store. It's got a nice little discount there as well.

4. Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan Second Unit

Ian Kenneth McLachlan
    Does anyone know when Peyton Place part 6 will be released please? Thanks

5. Gary16

Gary16 Screenwriter

Gary
    I’m noticing that some of the prints used in the part four set of “Peyton Place” are cut by a minute or two. They apparently didn’t bother to at least find all uncut prints of the episodes (there should have been multiple prints available from the original 16mn syndication prints).

6. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Cinematographer

So far, no plans to release part 6 yet- is it the fault of Fox or Shout Factory. Does anyone know what's going on?

7. tracyedgar

tracyedgar Stunt Coordinator

Nope...no idea! Still no part 6 in sight. I hope it’s not a repeat of the long many-years wait between parts 2 and 3! We’ll be long gone from this earth before they get to the end.

bmasters9, Flashgear and Gary16 like this.
  8. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    There are a lot of shows that have run absolutely bone-dry for years without explanation; if those shows don't get a move on, we will be long gone!

9. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    I saw somewhere that Shout! responded to a consumer inquiry stating there are no plans for future releases at this time (not sure if I saw that at Amazon or here). The more likely fault is that sales have been too low to continue. My guess, sales were too low after the first two parts were released, which is why the long delay afterwards. However, with likely expiring licensing coming up at some point, Shout! may have decided to give it another try by jump starting it with three more parts, but it probably still wasn't enough to continue moving forward. It's a shame for hardcore fans that did purchase. I had never seen it before but supported the releases by buying all five parts released, hoping to see it continue.

The state of the prints Shout! had to work with didn't help. Possibly, after Shouts! licensing agreement expires, someone else will give it a try. All though there is no evidence it will be supported any better.

Flashgear and bmasters9 like this.
  10. Cynthia Kouznetsov

Cynthia Kouznetsov Auditioning

Cynthia Kouznetsov
    I started watching Peyton Place when I was about 12, so I had forgotten some of the story lines. Just finished binge watching Part 1-5. How can they just leave us in suspense? I hope they decide to release more sets of this show onto DVD. I am angry just to be left hanging!! This has nothing to do with the DVD's but watching these DVDs made me think of simpler times spent watching these in my youth and looking forward to the 2 nights a week it was on.

Flashgear, bmasters9 and Gary16 like this.
  11. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

They like to keep us hanging. Part 2 came out in 2009, and Part 3 didn't come out until nearly ten years later in 2018! Let's hope Part 6 won't take as long.

Gary16, Flashgear and bmasters9 like this.
  12. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    I believe this is likely a case of two strikes and you are out. The original release stalled between 2009 to 2018, the reported reason was low sales. It appears after nine years they hoped that all those that eventually purchased the first two parts over that time frame might be ready to invest in more. However, even when putting out three new parts in short order, the sales still weren't there. I don't think Shout! is playing around, the market just isn't there for them to make a profit. The prints they have access to, are what they are, and to some not good enough. Then there are those that won't buy anything until completed, and that isn't going to happen. I think Shout! is done.

13. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I'm sorry they didn't get through Lee Grant's Stella Chernak storyline since that was all I was interested in seeing.