What's new

PIONEER VSX-D411 Receiver (Best one?) (1 Viewer)

Mike S H

Auditioning
Is the Pioneer VSX-D411 Receiver the best one out there for its price? I can not spend much more than $150. I am buying a receiver for my parents for Christmas. After searching through the messages on this forum, I saw this receiver recommended to someone else on a budget:
I found it for $150 + $25 s&h @ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1944304480
Someone mentioned Best Buy had it on sale for $139. But that was a few days ago. I doubt it's still on sale now that it's a new week. If anyone can find it cheaper than $175 please let me know.
Also, let me tell you more about my parents situation. They have an old reciver, it's a SONY, about 12 years old. So no Surround sound or anything. But they do have a cheap little DVD player that is Dolby Digital/DTS. I'm thinking I'll get them the reciever, and I think my dad will probably buy a center channel. They have two front speakers (two Bose 101 Series from like 12 years ago as well.)
I'm wondering, is this the best way to go? If you have any other suggestions please tell. I know my dad would really want it. He and my mom watch a DVD on a lot of Saturday nights. I think a three channels would be a big improvement over just the two. It would make a difference, right? I don't have the money to buy them a complete package. My dad already has a good set up downstairs, but my mom won't watch movies downstairs. Only upstairs.
ps: what was that site where you can see customer comments, and where the customer writes in where they bought it and for how much?

Mike S H

Auditioning
Thanks, Angelo.

I guess if no one else replies I'll go with the Pioneer VSX-411.

But do keep in mind, there is a BestBuy near by. And this 411 really costs $175, not $150. (s&h)

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
sorry correction its not on sale anymore, im sorry for bad info

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
hmm...might want to look around...Is there an ABC nearby? I picked up a 411 at Circuit City for $127.00....They price matched an ABC Warehouse ad....For that price I consider a great bedroom/smallroom receiver or for someone who doesnt need alot of power/features....The biggest drawback is no video switching - but if it isnt needed - its the same as the 511 for about $150 less....

JoeScott

Auditioning
I recently purchased the Pioneer VSX D411 from Best Buy for $139.99. It is my first HT Receiver, and I am very pleased so far....Have had it for about 2 months... It is great for DVD playing, and when set to "midnight" or "loudness", sounds great for music too! If you do NOT require video switching or the full supply of connections (Unit is limited here...) the D411 is a GREAT buy! The D411 is easy to setup and operate, and has a sturdy build quality. Pioneer only gives a 1 year warranty on parts and labor....
Their phone support, is sometimes a little slow, but have decent and helpful people manning the lines. hope this helps. By the way, i tried the JVC RSX 6020, Sherwood 7008, and Kenwood RV 605 and thought the Pioneer was far better in both A/V and Stereo sound....Good luck!

Mike S H

Auditioning
Thanks.

But what exactly is this "video switching" and what is it for? YOu mean like Video 1 and Video 2? On the old reciever (Song) we have that. But I don't think we really needed it. Also, what is ABC? I'm in New England (RI) and never heard of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks