What's new

Pioneer offer on ebay (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Yeah exactly my thoughts....how do people not get in trouble for this??????

MartinR

Auditioning
We will send you the information where you will be able to get a state of the art Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX AV Receiver for a fee of $29 a piece and SHIPPING IS FREE!

You should read more carefully!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, Ebay is getting littered with many offers of how to get electronics gear for "free." I've seen several where the auction price is only $5.99, but they are really clogging the place up. Hopefully, Ebay can put a stop to this nonsense ... and soon. It's all about as silly as someone selling an "X" box last year at this time of year. It was actually a box with an "X" on it --- and sombody fell for it. :frowning:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Oh, one additional comment. If the Pioneer 43TX receivers can be achieved for only $29.00, then why isn't this individual pursuing the option of getting the receivers for that price and selling them for $500 or $600 on Ebay? clearly, all you have to do is question the practice - and you'll realize it's all B.S.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Be aware, too; that the wiring of money via Western Union is the M.O. of many scams including the "Nigeria Scam" (do a search on the Internet for details).

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
My understanding of these deals from a little research I did: it seemed to be this: they have you run a scam on these companies. The scam is that you pretend to be an electronics store to get free demo units sent to you (like plasma TVs, etc). I got bored one night and hunted through feedbacks on Ebay. I saw a few people say that they were being prosecuted for this!

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
all it is is cleaver wording they arent actualy sending you a reciver... well if you read it right

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
all it is is cleaver wording they arent actualy sending you a reciver... well if you read it right
If you read through all of our replies, we are well aware that we would not get the receiver --- just information on how to go about getting one for free.

This same scam happened with computer software a few years ago at the local computer shows. A lot of vendors were selling older releases of software, but were including instructions on how to upgrade (for free) to the latest release. Eventually, vendors performing this practice were no longer present at the future computer shows. I guess their scam caught up with them.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I know my point being was how does ebay allow this....I know they can't monitor everything....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks