What's new

Picture problem help (1 Viewer)

john smithson

Stunt Coordinator
I got a 32inch,5yr old Samsung tube tv,and its great after adjusting the colors in service menu.

Only problem so far is that everything looks big in the middle,but the top and bottom of screen everything is small.I tried fixing it with the vertical slope (possibly same as vertical linearity) but couldnt get it where I want.Can someone tell me which adjustment I need to make.(what one in the service menu)?

Thanks!!

troy evans

Screenwriter
Off the top of My head "pin cushin"Now Please,write down on paper where all your settings are before you adjust anything at all.I can't stress that strongly enough.I adjusted My previous crt set using service menu settings,but,I knew what I was doing.If You don't have experience with this YOU SHOULD NOT MESS WITH IT! Should You decide to not heed this,make sure You have a proper test screen to get it right.Digital Video Essentials has excellent test screens.The one I Used was what I call the "Cross hair"test pattern.It's the one that looks like You're looking through a sniper scope,big circle,crossed lines.The screen is usually grey in color,with black outlines.Still,I don't recommend playing around in the service menu.You could cause irreversible damage.You've been warned!

john smithson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Troy, that sounds right about pincushion.Now I have to find what the name of it is.

I do have experience,after a lot of trial and error.Colors took me yrs to figure out how to adjust them right.

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks