What's new

Pics of my sealed Shiva sub (1 Viewer)

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
Its been finished for a while now, I just never got around to finding a digital camera to take a couple of pics, but here it is.
Specs: 2.5 cu ft of internal volume, Adire Shiva MarkII driver wired parallel, powered by one side of a Peavey Cs800 amp (400W). Finished off with some black Hammerite spray after a couple of coats of spray primer. It has small blemishes and pits here and there because I was originally going to laminate it but that didnt go according to plan and I was a bit on the lazy side and forgot to bondo them up, still turned out more than satisfactory for my needs. Thanks to everyone who offered/offers advice on
such matters.
http://www.angelfire.com/or2/diyaudio/images/
I cant seem to link straight to the pics from angelfire so i guess just the pic page will have to do.

Jones_Rush

Stunt Coordinator
Hwang,
Have you measured the sub's performance (F3, etc.)?
What is the size of your room ?
Subjectively, how does your sub perform with music/HT ?
The black paint on my sealed 3c/f Shiva is now drying and I will give it a test drive this friday.
I want to know what to expect...

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
The pics seem to work fine now, just no direct link to the pics..(!@$! angelfire..)
Jones, Ive not the equipment to measure the sub, and it is also not placed very well, the good corner is taken up by my large sonosub. I would suspect that it would perform close to the Adire RAVA, but maybe extend a little more, since the rava is a 60L enclosure(~2.1 cu ft) while I have 2.5 cu ft to work with.
Hank, thanks! Yea I really do like the sound of it. It doesnt extend as deep as the sonosub obviously, but it seems to integrate better with my speakers (psb alphas) and I am liking the "tight" sealed sound. It can also play pretty loud when called upon to do so but I dont seem to run them as loud these days...

Nice work Seung, the pictures work for me...you cant even notice the blemishes. you are gonna have to break down and buy the necessary equipment to measure how the sub performs then let me borrow it so I can do the same for mine
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Kevin Liedtke

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Yeah Seungsoo, Very nice sub there!
Im new to the DIY area and I want to build my first sub soon. Do you think you could email your plans or tell me how much it costs. I need something under $700. Planz like that would be very nice and would make my life a whole lot easier.

Scott,
The sonosubs that I have built have been under $200. I think the first one cost me $190 using a 15" Dayton and the second one cost somewhere around $165 using a 12" Shiva Mark II.
In planning for these subs, I(well mainly Seungsoo) used WinISD Hope this helps.
-Kevin
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks