What's new

Pre-Order PHE Press Release: My Fair Lady (1964) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm pretty sure it will meet my approval since I don't have the most critical eye and my monitor is not professionally calibrated. However, since Mr. Harris is probably the most knowledge person around who would know how this movie should look, I'm interested in hearing if there are any deficiencies in the streaming version. I might make the decision to purchase the disc down the line
Fair enough!

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
He has made a couple of comments one very recently which were not positive. But I must let him speak for himself. His 50th anniversary bluray is far superior in my estimation.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Will the projector's instructions tell you how large an image you can get before deterioration of image quality sets in?
Like say if it throws a 120" image beyond that you will get a poor image?

Way too many variables for a standard to be set. Your best friend in some cases can be a zoom lens. I have several poor-quality DVDs (and sadly, a couple of Blu-Rays) for which I need to shrink the image size to get an acceptable picture on my Murphyrama screen.

(Reminds me of DC's Uptown Theatre - before the early 1980s when they apparently installed improved optics, any 35mm film was projected as a smaller image on a heavily-masked Cinerama screen.}

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Very Gloria Gaynor in the music backing. Good fun. My favourite all time disco classic though is Freda Payne's Band of Gold, a little melodrama classic, along with the knockout cover by Bonnie Tyler. Off topic, but hope it leads to someone maybe taking maybe a first listen to those ....

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very Gloria Gaynor in the music backing. Good fun. My favourite all time disco classic though is Freda Payne's Band of Gold, a little melodrama classic, along with the knockout cover by Bonnie Tyler. Off topic, but hope it leads to someone maybe taking maybe a first listen to those ....
To me, the disco era was in the mid-late 70s. Band of Gold came out while I was in high school in 1970.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Motown or Disco ... we danced to everything in those days. Those were the days ...
I never saw that clip before and never realised just how beautiful Freda Payne was. I'm glad I posted that comment, so that it led to that clip being posted. So great ......
Now I wish I could save that clip but my computer won't let me....

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's Motown style because it was composed and produced by Holland-Dozier-Holland soon after they left Motown, and the Funk Brothers (the Motown house band) are among the musicians.

That's a pretty good reason! :D

Thanks - I didn't look up the song beyond locating the clip on Youtube.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Motown or Disco ... we danced to everything in those days. Those were the days ...
I never saw that clip before and never realised just how beautiful Freda Payne was. I'm glad I posted that comment, so that it led to that clip being posted. So great ......
Now I wish I could save that clip but my computer won't let me....
As a young high school buck, I realized her sex appeal right away and never forgot it.:D Another favorite Payne song that H-D-H produced was "Bring the Boys Home".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks