What's new

Pre-Order PHE Press Release: My Fair Lady (1964) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BELOVED WINNER OF EIGHT ACADEMY AWARDS® INCLUDING BEST PICTURE ARRIVES ON 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME

myfairlady4kuhdfront-s.JPG

Debuting May 25, 2021, 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray™ Combo Includes Over Two Hours of Bonus Content

Relive the romance, music, and comedic charms of the indelible classic MY FAIR LADY, debuting on 4K Ultra HD May 25, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Winner of eight Academy Awards*, including Best Picture, MY FAIR LADY also won the Best Picture Golden Globe® and was selected for the Library of Congress’ National Film Registry. Adapted from the Broadway stage hit, the film stars Rex Harrison as Professor Higgins, a role that earned him the Oscar® for Best Actor in a Leading Role, and Audrey Hepburn as the unforgettable Eliza Doolittle.

The 4K Ultra HD release features stunning picture quality courtesy of a recent 8K film transfer, as well as English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD sound for the finest home presentation. The 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo also includes access to a digital copy of the film and more than two hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:

4K Ultra HD Disc
· Feature film in 4K Ultra HD

Blu-ray Disc™
· More Loverly Than Ever: The Making of My Fair Lady Then & Now
· 1963 Production Kick-Off Dinner
· Los Angeles Premiere 10/28/1964
· British Premiere
· George Cukor Directs Baroness Bina Rothschild
· Rex Harrison Radio Interview
· Production Tests
o Lighting
o Wilfred Hyde White make-up
o Rain/set
o Covent Garden lighting test
o Alt. Higgins/Pickering screen test
· Alternate Audrey Hepburn Vocals
o Show Me
o Wouldn’t It Be Loverly?
· Galleries
· Comments on a Lady
o Andrew Lloyd Webber
o Martin Scorsese
· Theatrical Featurettes
· Story of a Lady
· Design for a Lady
· The Fairest Fair Lady
· Trailers
· Theatrical Reissue: Poster Illustration
· Theatrical Reissue: Poster Illustration Reserved Seats Trailer
· Theatrical Reissue: Poster Illustration Awards
· Theatrical Reissue
· Awards
o Rex Harrison BFI Honor
o Rex Harrison Golden Globe Acceptance Speech
o Academy Awards Ceremony Highlights 4/5/65

Synopsis
This beloved adaptation of the Broadway stage hit stars Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle, a sassy, working-class London street vendor, and Rex Harrison as the elitist Professor Higgins, who attempts to turn Eliza into a sophisticated lady through proper tutoring. But, when the humble flower girl blossoms into the toast of London society, her teacher may have a lesson or two to learn himself.
# # #

MY FAIR LADY
Street Date: May 25, 2021
U.S. Rating: G

*1965, Best Picture; Best Actor in a Leading Role; Best Director; Best Cinematography, Color; Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Color; Best Costume Design; Best Sound; Best Music, Scoring of Music, Adaptation or Treatment

“ACADEMY AWARD®” and “OSCAR®” are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hope that’s not final cover art.

It may very well not be. That is just artwork that is circulating around the Internet. Its origins are unknown.

Hopefully, there will be a press release issued this week with the final artwork which I will absolutely update here.

Reactions: PMF

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
View attachment 88628

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases
Clicking on the link takes me to a page where it is “currently unavailable.”

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just compared the Blu-ray to the current 4k iTunes stream.

The Blu-ray looks noticeably better. These don't look like the same transfers, that is unless something has been tinkered with.

Just my initial thoughts in comparing the scene prior to Intermission where Eliza is coming down the stairs in her beautiful dress and Higgins takes a walk to the library where he takes a hearty swig of wine.

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
The Blu-ray looks noticeably better. These don't look like the same transfers, that is unless something has been tinkered with.
My Fair Lady has, I think, the most bizarre history of problematic video transfers of any classic film, going all the way back to the original widescreen LaserDisc that had washed-out color.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
My Fair Lady has, I think, the most bizarre history of problematic video transfers of any classic film, going all the way back to the original widescreen LaserDisc that had washed-out color.
As I recall the laser was based upon a faded CRI reduction neg.

That laser, and it's replacement the following year, both won worst laserdiscs of the year. I believe that record stands to this day.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus

That laser, and it's replacement the following year, both won worst laserdiscs of the year. I believe that record stands to this day.
How good is this 30th anniversary collector's box set? I have it but it's been many years since i have viewed them.
IMG_0783.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
A little OT, but that’s a pretty cat in your avatar.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I imagine so, as it's been awhile since they made those. But I still remember that big box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks