What's new

Patton (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, he didn't believe there should be a competition for an award. You have to remember this was in the early 70s when there was a lot of anti-establishment sentiment and the Academy was considered part of the establishment back then.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite films ever. I wouldn't mind another film that considered his whole life though..... and somebody with a much closer voice.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
"Patton" is one of my favorite films, and one of the best bio's ever.

A testament to its greatness:

My ex-girlfriend, native Mexican. Anti-war, doesn't like action films very much, a decade younger than me so pre-80's films (especially in English) were totally "foreign" to her. But she was a Jerry Goldsmith fan and I was showing her the opening theme as an example. We ended up watching the whole film, and she liked it. I have a library of about 500 films and we watched quite a few together...and I'm always surprised that "Patton" is one of them.

By the way I was lucky to get the 2 disc edition, it had been out of print for a year but a Suncoast video had it hidden away in their "box set" section! (At the time 2 disc sets were fairly rare).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks