What's new

Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 1 (2024)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: Horizon: An American Saga – Chapter 1 (2024)

Genre: Western, Drama

Director: Kevin Costner

Cast: Kevin Costner, Sienna Miller, Sam Worthington, Jamie Campbell Bower, Luke Wilson, Thomas Haden Church, Jena Malone, Alejandro Edda, Tatanka Means, Michael Rooker, Isabelle Fuhrman, Ella Hunt, Michael Angarano, Tom Payne, Abbey Lee, Tim Guinee, Colin Cunningham, Scott Haze, Angus Macfadyen, Douglas Smith, Jon Beavers, Wasé Chief, Danny Huston, Owen Crow Shoe, Will Patton, Joe Burns

Release: 2024-06-28

Plot: A 15-year chronicle of the pre- and post-Civil War expansion and settlement of the American West – a journey fraught with peril and intrigue from struggles with the natural elements, to the interactions with the indigenous peoples who lived on the land, and the determination and at many times ruthlessness of those who sought to settle it.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Horizon: An American Saga

Directed
by: Kevin Costner
Written by: Kevin Costner & John Baird
Produced by: Kevin Costner, Howard Kaplan, Mark Gillard
Distributed by: Warner Bros. Pictures
Release Dates: June 28, 2024 (Chapter 1)
August 16, 2024 (Chapter 2)

Chronicles a multi-faceted, 15-year span of pre-and post-Civil War expansion and settlement of the American west

Attachments

• HORIZON-AN-AMERICAN-SAGA-1.jpg
    HORIZON-AN-AMERICAN-SAGA-1.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Dances With Wolves is my favorite Costner film and was imo better than Goodfellas that year and absolutely deserved all its Oscars. Open Range is my second favorite.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Dances With Wolves is my favorite Costner film and was imo better than Goodfellas that year and absolutely deserved all its Oscars. Open Range is my second favorite.

Loved them both. I can't really say one was better than the other because they are such different films. Good year though.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm really bummed that Costner won't be returning to his role as John Dutton for the 2nd part of the final season of 'Yellowstone'. But after watching the trailer for 'Horizon: An American Saga', I will happily trade a few episodes of Yellowstone for this 4-film series!

I haven't looked forward to a movie premiere this much in 4-5 years! Horizon appears to be right up my movie-loving alley.

Mark

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I'm really bummed that Costner won't be returning to his role as John Dutton for the 2nd part of the final season of 'Yellowstone'. But after watching the trailer for 'Horizon: An American Saga', I will happily trade a few episodes of Yellowstone for this 4-film series!

I haven't looked forward to a movie premiere this much in 4-5 years! Horizon appears to be right up my movie-loving alley.

Mark
I can't wait to see this, but I did not realize it was going to be 4 films. Were all 4 parts shot at the same time or, if chapters 1 and 2 fail this year, does that mean we will never see the conclusion to the story?

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can't wait to see this, but I did not realize it was going to be 4 films. Where all 4 parts shot at the same time or, if chapters 1 and 2 fail this year, does that mean we will never see the conclusion to the story?
It seems like they're committed to make all four parts. Supposedly the third film would already be shooting if not for the Hollywood strikes last fall.

Costner is reportedly also self-financing a fair share of the cost, so it's not all on the studio.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.