What's new

Passion of the Christ DVD -Full bitrate DTS? (1 Viewer)

RichD

Agent
Actually, the Canadian version appears to be a no compromise solution that pleases everyone. It has the same (or better) picture quality with the full bitrate. I just ordered a Canadian copy for myself.

Curse the studios for forcing us to buy domestic movies from other countries to get the best results possible! But, otherwise I'm quite happy because this forum tells me things I'd never know otherwise to get the best out of my system.
smile.gif

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Michael..

The thread started out being a "movie" thread but ended up now being one about DTS under your doing. First, isn't that being a bit partial or one sided rather than being unbias and keeping people focused on the thread at hand? Second, hasn't the thread turned towards technical rather than movie and should move to another forum area?

Eric

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This is the Software forum. It's where technical issues about DVD releases belong. If the thread were primarily about the movie (which it isn't and never has been), it would belong in the Movies forum.

M.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
quote:The thread started out being a "movie" thread but ended up now being one about DTS under your doing. First, isn't that being a bit partial or one sided rather than being unbias and keeping people focused on the thread at hand? Second, hasn't the thread turned towards technical rather than movie and should move to another forum area?

Eric,
You must have confused this thread with another, otherwise, your questions make little sense to me.

Crawdaddy

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I'm not planning on buying or (unfortunately can't rent the higher bit rate version) so............ I'm looking forward to seeing a comparison between the US vs. Can versions on whether or not there are distinct differences in the audio Full vs. half.

Troy

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
quote:The thread started out being a "movie" thread but ended up now being one about DTS under your doing. First, isn't that being a bit partial or one sided rather than being unbias and keeping people focused on the thread at hand? Second, hasn't the thread turned towards technical rather than movie and should move to another forum area?
Eric, which thread are you following??? This thread has been about full bitrate DTS since the very first post! If you don't have any DTS-compliant hardware, just skip the thread.

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=106

My DVD Collection

Manendra

Stunt Coordinator
quote:When will someone ever be happy here?

Eric,

In asking this question, you miss the whole point of being an HT enthusiast. We're NEVER happy. Lexus puts it best with their motto: The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection.

I think the day people become "happy" with what they have, that's the day that progress ends! It is the incessant search for better things that have made societies better. The same applies to movies and the manner in which they are represented on Laser Discs, DVDs, HD-DVDs, etc. The mere fact that these formats evolved from one to the other is a testimony of man's inherent unhappiness with what he already has, thus igniting his eternal quest for something better.

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to confirm that the region 4 release is also full-bitrate DTS. One other thing I noticed - the menu audio is DD 3/0/0.

Edit: I am experiencing audio dropouts on the DTS track, it doesn't do it in the same spot twice. I am using Denon DVD-2200 and AVR-3803. Has anyone else encountered this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks