What's new

Paramount : Please Release " My Bloody Valentine " (1 Viewer)

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
If anyone at Paramount is reading this, Please consider releasing My Bloody Valentine on DVD.
It is a wonderful movie, one of my favourite slasher movies.
If Paramount is not interested in releasing " My Bloody Valentine " I think Anchor Bay would be interested in a release of this movie.
If you are reading this Paramount Please consider releasing " My Bloody Valentine "
Thank You For Your Time
Regards,
Ricky

Will K

Screenwriter
This is one title where I would not upgrade my VHS version if it were not released uncut. I like the movie and would very much like it to have it on DVD, but the only incentive would be the uncensored version.
jasvparbanner2.jpg

------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Why not release this as a test to see how well Uncut/Director's Cut movies sell for Paramount? Release this in Feb. around Valentine's Day, follow it up with an April release of April Fool's Day, and then go ahead with Director's cut releases of Friday the 13th Part VII and VII in the Fall. Hopefully by that time, you will have seen how well Director's Cut discs will sell.
Regardless, please release My Bloody Valentine on DVD as a Director's Cut.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Could anyone from Paramount give a brief update ?
Is it safe to say that My Bloody Valentine WILL get a DVD release sometime in the future ?
Please Reply
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
Thank you WILL K for the banner

Will K

Screenwriter
A very recent post from the DVD Talk forum...
>>>Here is a list of the titles:
>>>- Any plans on "Fatal Attraction" for a DVD release?
>>>- Can you tell when other TV shows be out on DVD in the works as well?
>>>- Any word on "My Bloody Valentine" on DVD in the foreseeable future?
>>>- Any word on "Five Card Stud" on DVD anytime soon?
>>>Mr. Blythe replied: All three movies are down for next year. Not the TV series though.
I would love to be more optimistic but whatcha wanna bet it'll be the same 'ol censored R version we've had for years? zzzzzz
jasvparbanner2.jpg

------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
It'd be nice to see My Bloody Valentine in Feb. around Valentine's Day, but if waiting on an uncut release means waiting till October around Halloween, I'll gladly wait. This is the first good horror DVD news I've heard all month long.
Three cheers for Paramount...as long as they're Director's Cuts. :)

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I started thinking about this title again last night and I was wondering if Mr. Blythe could give us some kind of update (not on a release date) but on the current situation involving the film's original Director's Cut print and restoration for DVD transfer.
How is the condition of the print, as of right now? When will a restoration/re-mastering begin?
Again, I thank Paramount and Mr. Blythe. This film is one of those horror films that will look visually INCREDIBLE when fully re-mastered for DVD. The audio would be impressive as well, but most horror fans will tell you, this is one of the more slick-looking slasher movies ever made (beautiful cinematography, lush photography, etc).
I can't wait for this one. :)
Oh, also...here's part of a great British webpage I found regarding the hunt for the original Director's Cut footage of My Bloody Valentine. This is what the webmaster of Link Removed
[Edited last by Wes Ray on November 06, 2001 at 01:42 AM]

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
And, for anyone interested. Here are four pictures from the Director's Cut print that I found at that same website...
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Very, very interesting indeed.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
This movie is a classic & one of the better slasher flicks of the 80's along with The Burning.
Also it got good reviews than most horror movies at the time,considering it was a slasher flick as well. It's well made because of all of the above Wes mentioned & is just a great movie,though sadly is one of the most notorious examples of censorship run amuck & destroying a film!
While i know it's highly unlikely a uncensored version will be released(
frown.gif
) given Paramounts complete lack of respect for horror films & it's fans as noticed with how they still brush off any chance of Uncut Friday the 13th releases & keep making up more & more excuses.
But heres an idea......considering this was well received critically than the Friday series & probably didn't run into as much controversy,since it is'nt a well known mainstream pop-culture film as the Fridays turned out to be,though they're still cult films as well.
At least ATTEMPT to locate,restore & remaster the original uncut director's print!!
You don't know how many people would LOVE to own this movie finnaly in it's original form. The sales will be very good,the studio will makes lots of $$,which is what you want right? then why keep showing you don't care about what we want?
Also why do you keep putting down the Friday series and act like they should'nt exist...when you released them in the first place? Answer-you knew you'd make $$ off it & did,which is why there were so many sequels!
Then when it comes down to the orginal uncensored versions finnaly seeing the light of day(to many fans delite)...you so far keep saying no!
So why do you even bother holding the rights to movies you don't even care about? Answer-you'll make $$$. So why not give the fans what they want.....the uncensored versions? You'll make ALOT of $$$,yet so far won't bother A& wonder why they aren't selling as well. Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.
So please for the love of God...do the right thing and sell the rights to both My Bloody Valentine & the Friday the 13th series to AB or New Line who'll give them the respect they deserve if you're so unwilling to do. That way...you won't have to worry about having these films in your library supposedly tainting your reputation........though thats all in your head & they are apart of horror/film history. So deal with it!!
Also if you're still money hungry,but still making exuses for not releasing uncensored movies.....at least make some type of deal that you get a certain % of the profits from the sales. That way everyone makes $$$,the REAL versions of the films can be seen finnaly & everyones happy!!
If anyone wants to see why censorship is wrong.......watch the R rated version of My Bloody Valentine. I for one will not being buying it,unless BOTH versions are alvalible!!

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Agreed, Christina. MGM has the best solution to this problem. Dressed to Kill was released with both versions.
Paramount could and should do the same for its horror titles. They wouldn't even have to advertise "CONTAINS ORIGINAL UNCUT VERSION" on the front of the box. Just in the small special features section on the back: "Contains both R Rated and Unrated versions"
That one little sentence could solve everyone's problems. Why can't this be done?
[Edited last by Wes Ray on November 06, 2001 at 09:54 PM]

Will K

Screenwriter
I don't think any studio putting out single-disc or seperate unrated versions is taking any heat. In fact, Blockbuster is not only carrying the Dressed To Kill disc, but stocks many horror titles which simply don't have a rating. For example, they will only stock R-rated versions of Pitch Black and the American Pie movies. Had Universal chosen to put both versions on one disc, I am certain Blockbuster would still have them. I really do wish Paramount and other studios(cough, Warner) who aren't releasing "unrated" titles would really take this all to heart and realize it's just not a big deal.
------------------
It rubs the DVD on its skin, or else it gets the hose again.
My Scary DVD Collection
[Edited last by Will K on November 06, 2001 at 10:10 PM]

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
The webmaster of the site I mentioned (Justin Kerswell) e-mailed me and is excited that we're getting things started on this film again. Here's what he e-mailed me after reading my post here:
I did hold out some hope that the director may have an uncut 35mm master of the film but, according to one source, he does have a master but it's the one Paramount gave him after they cut the film for an R (as he had no post-production rights). Apparently he has kicked himself ever since, but, despite rumours to the contrary, he's very interested in seeing his film released uncut and in a SE. Again, according to this source, he has approached Paramount several times about this - and even approached them with the idea of doing a sequel (!) - but they have apparently been less than receptive (until now).
[Edited last by Wes Ray on November 06, 2001 at 11:59 PM]

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
There you go again Paramount.....
First JCB..... & now the director of My Bloody Valentine. They are trying to & want there films to get released in there original form & we WANT that as well!
So are you going to keep making excuses or finnaly do something about it? Such as let them release there true verions of the films?
How much more proof do you need.What will make you change youre mind??
Not only is the movie ruined from the cuts,but alot of hard work on FX have gone to waste & have yet to be seen. We're not gonna give up,so it's useless to try and ignore us + rude to!
Wake up already & smell the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ already, if thats all you care about!!!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Paramount, Paramount tut tut tut
You have the directors support for crying out loud. Give the fans what they want !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks