What's new

PARAMOUNT- Any chance of these superb horror titles being released soon? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Paramount, you own the rights to several horror films that are classics of the genre in my book, and I would love to see them get DVD releases. So, are any of the following classics going to be released any time soon?:
LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH
SILVER BULLET
FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET
MY BLOODY VALENTINE (I would rather see this film uncut more than the F13 series! This film was totally butchered!)
STUDENT BODIES (This is the best spoof film ever!)
Also, if these films will be coming out any time soon, PLEASE put some good extras on them! The majority of your past horror releases have disappointingly been barebones, and I'd love to see the genre that I love most get better treatment! Also, thanks for deciding to release THE KEEP and DON'T LOOK NOW in the future, and hopefully there will be extras on them! :)

Esten

Supporting Actor
'Silver Bullet' is out in region 2,i heard the transfer is pretty good.The only extras are a trailer and a director commentary.
Here is a review: Link Removed

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but I unfortunately don't have a region free player. I plan on getting one sometime in the near future though. Seeing how the R2 DVD has extras, it will be bizarre if Paramount releases it barebones.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I too am longing for an Uncut MY BLOODY VALENTINE...as well as any UNCUT Argento titles such as Four Flies...The problem is, if they are going to go to the effort for one title, then it needs to apply to all.

As rabid as some of you think that the Friday The 13th fans are...believe you me, don't meet up with a Dario Argento fan in a dark alley with an censored version of one of his films.

C

Christina_V

I'd love a My Bloody Valentine uncut release. I'm not buying the movie any other way!.......as bad as Fridays 2,5-7 were censored......MBV suffered just as bad if not worth from the cuts.....that it does a complete disservice to the film which is really well made,atmospheric & creepy. Not to mention one of the best early 80's slasher films to come out that year,aside from The Burning(also heavily censored).
As with Friday 7,alot of work went into the FX,which have never seen the light of day thus far,thanks to a very scissor happy MPAA........and not releasing the fimls as originaly intended is doing nothing but a dis-service to the fans & filmakers.
Paramount..don't get me wrong, MBV is a classic & great movie......but the extremely hacked,noticable cuts ruin the movie completely for me,that i just will not support a censored release & i know many others will do the same.
As for Friday 7 uncut & the series.....you know where i stand on that & no matter how many times the mods try to make us look bad & twist our words around,close threads for having a rational/thoughtful discussion(like the last thread).........that will not stop us & we will continue to request(+ write letters ect) info regarding the series until we have the truth,aka a real answer & suceed in our goal.
I have a friend who's been in contact with John Carl Buechler,the director of part 7 and while he may be busy working on other films and such....he's in full support of our campaign.......i was thinking that we should see if he could take the time to post on the board sometime. If we can get the DP of Return of the Living Dead to drop by regarding it's OAR......maybe its possible to ask JCB to do so as well.......& if so and you continue to ignore the director himself....well that shows what respect you have for filmmakers.
Theres no garantee that will happen as he is very busy....but we'll try to work something out & let you know.
+ about the Argento film......i'd love to see it,but theres only one way to see his films & thats uncut......they're usualy butchured in the US,not just for violence,but major plot info as well......the US version of Phenomena titled Creepers is the perfect example.....uncut is 110mn,....US version cut is 82mn!!
Would love to see Student Bodies on dvd as well.....hilarious movie:)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Posted by Martin Blythe:
Silver Bullet will be first. Not far off either....
Mr.Blythe,will the commentary thats on the Region 2 version of 'Silver Bullet' be on the upcoming Region 1 release?
If you know.
Just wondering.:)
Thanks

Lafe F

Second Unit
Add "April Fools Day" to the list of horror titles I'd like to see Paramount release.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for replying and deciding to release the classic that is SILVER BULLET, but I am a little peeved about the lack of extras. It is great that you are releasing it though. :)

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Martin, since the original post contained several films does your response here mean that ALL of them will eventually be released on Region 1 DVD's?

Specifically, Four Flies. All I want to know is that the wheels are in motion on this title. Does Paramount have the rights to release it in America? Are the materials in good enough shape? Will an uncut print be available to use? If you can't say anything just give me a hint. Or send me an e-mail.

Oh, any developments on the Police Squad! TV Series coming to DVD?

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
On the subject of Paramount "horrors", would Paramount please
consider the small 1982 film The Sender (anamorphic, uncut; deleted scenes, if any are available)?
And, also, if Paramount owns the rights to it, a film produced by Manson International/Effigy Films called Scarecrows(1988)?
Thanks.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Great news! Thanks Paramount.

I think we will be seeing many of the ones listed in the initial post around Halloween. Mr. Blythe has already mentioned a big Halloween promotion for some of their unreleased horror titles...I can't wait to find out which titles made the cut!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
And, also, if Paramount owns the rights to it, a film produced by Manson International/Effigy Films called Scarecrows(1988)?
No, Paramount does not own this. This was a title released by the former M.C.E.G. Virgin Vision label, and that chain ends up at MGM. MGM has released former MCEG titles like WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING and CHAINS OF GOLD, so it's a good chance they may still have rights to it. Send 'em an inquiry.

Has SCARECROWS director William Wesley done any films since?

Rob T

Screenwriter
Paramount, if you ever get a chance to re-issue The Relic with some extras then please do! :)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Has SCARECROWS director William Wesley done any films since?
Route 666 (2001)(Lions Gate/Trimark Pictures (US)
(Studio Home Entertainment DVD)
"When Special Agents Jack (Lou Diamond Phillips) and Stephanie (Lori Petty) cut through a condemned, desolate highway known as Route 666 while tracking a suspect, they discover a danger far worse than deadly twists and turns! Years ago, a notorious chain gang was killed in a horrific roadside murder, and the highway still echoes with its brutal legacy. Now, they must face a terrifying reality...there's no escape and no way to deny the secret behind the force haunting this bleak wasteland." [http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...&item_id=41966

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks