What's new

Panasonic RA60-DVD Audio Help (1 Viewer)

RyanRogers

Auditioning
Hello, this is my first post here but the minute I discovered this forum I figured someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having with my recently purchased Panasonic RA60 DVD player.

I bought a few DVD Audio discs and for a some of them when I put them in and get to the Top Menu it won't allow me to play the advanced resolution surround content only the advanced resolution stereo content (which sounds great I might add). The Discs I'm having this problem with are : BNL-Maroon, Doors-LA Woman, Grateful Dead-American Beauty and Workingman's Dead. I have no problem with Bela Fleck's Acoustic Planet 2 disc as this disc automatically goes to DVD Audio surround. I can switch to DVD Video and play the DD surround on all these but I'd like to hear the DVD-Audio surround instead.

Perhaps I'm missing it but I can't find any help in the manual and before I ship my player in for service I'd like to know if it's something I'm doing wrong when I put the disc in.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Ryan

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,

I have this same player and some of the discs and they play fine on mine. My guess would be that you have something wrong in the player's internal speaker setup. The Dead discs I know don't allow downmix of the surround channels. Whereas when I played with my speaker settings I found that if I turned certain things off, I was forced to stereo mode. I can't remember the specifics though.

What does your setup consist of? Have you told the player you have 5 surrounds and a sub? I'm at work now, so I can't offer much more advice about it at this time.

RyanRogers

Auditioning
Keith,

Thanks for the reply. I will have some time tonight to look at my settings and I'll let you know what they are . I'm pretty certain I set it up as a multi channel speaker system but I don't remember the other details from the set up menu. I'll get back to you.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks