What's new

Panasonic 2018 flagship UB9000 w/HCX video processor & dynamic conversion adjustment (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Here's some very good Panasonic UB9000 news....

As you all know I work closely with Panasonic and we are factory direct dealers. We wanted to hit a price point that would be compelling for the enthusiasts to be happy with and to attract new clients to the world of high-end streaming and disc playback. To that end we came up with a launch price of $999.

Our dedicated UB9000 web page has more information.

Now for some more good news... I mid - end of July I'll have a UB9000 engineering production sample! Hope to see many HTF members and visitors at our showroom to audition Panasonic's new flagship UB9000 BD player.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Here's some very good Panasonic UB9000 news....

As you all know I work closely with Panasonic and we are factory direct dealers. We wanted to hit a price point that would be compelling for the enthusiasts to be happy with and to attract new clients to the world of high-end streaming and disc playback. To that end we came up with a launch price of $999.

Our dedicated UB9000 web page has more information.

Now for some more good news... I mid - end of July I'll have a UB9000 engineering production sample! Hope to see many Blu-ray.com members and visitors at our showroom to audition Panasonic's new flagship UB9000 BD player.
How about Home Theater Forum members?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
My engineering production UB9000 sample is in transit to me. If all goes as promised by the carrier I'll receive the player this Wednesday!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just a teaser for now with lots more to come tomorrow...

Here's a glimpse of Panasonic's UB9000 Analog Audio Menu. Thanks to the high-end internal audio DAC's and detailed analog audio controls you can connect the stereo XLR balance audio outs directly to a high-end power amplifier. I'll be rocking Hi Res audio and MQA with this baby.

tn_1200_215dc0b97b86904be5aec54587a5efae.jpg.png

tn_1200_cffcbc0995f182c5de496a6dca9a7cff.jpg.png

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Actually less expensive than the UDP-205, which would be its competition if Oppo was still manufacturing them.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Are there any players with two full HDMI outputs? Not just one full and one audio-only?

Or even one full and one video-only would be more useful for me. I've never understood the full + audio-only options.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A lifesaver if you don't want to run your video signal through a receiver.
Which is what I'm doing, and why it seems like a video-only output would be more useful than audio-only.

I have my A/V HDMI connected directly to my projector. But if I want to watch any blu-rays on my HDTV (which I do for some older films or when the weather is very hot), I have to swap around the cables on the back of my equipment to have the video signal sent to the AVR and HDTV.

It's a pain in the downstairs.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Actually less expensive than the the UDP-205, which would be its competition if Oppo was still manufacturing them.

Good point.

Correct ^ OPPO's 205 was $1299, vs. Panasonic's new UB9000 for $999 delivered.

Does Panasonic have a direct competitor for the Oppo 203? Just wondering since I think that's what the majority would want even at the high end for standalone players.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes, ^ Panasonic's UB820, which is launching the week of July 23rd for $499, double boxed and delivered Nationwide.

Regarding UB9000 you can make either of the HDMI outputs in whatever configuration you like. So if you want both to be video and audio that's doable. Or if your system needs one to be just video and the other to be video and audio that's easy to select in the HDMI set-up user menu. I'll post some pics of the menu later tonight.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
You heard it first on HTF!

Here's a pic of the HDMI set-up mens for the HDMI output that is marked for "audio only". As you can see it's configurable to your system's needs.

tn_1200_f8c9f4391918c3d21d2b3c18de6aedb4.jpg.png

Here's a few more pic from various user menus. This new advanced technology BD player/streamer is very technical and is best purchased from a speciality dealer who can support all of the advanced features so the enthusiast user gets all of the value and benefit this player can deliver when set-up properly for each a/v system.

tn_1200_61e5d305cd23578ae5bfa92d86db8502.jpg.png

tn_1200_0cf7ccfa57c1fab6663cb29ad7d5a65e.jpg.png

tn_1200_c3fce69ce54e2022308a5790df6763db.jpg.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks