What's new

Panasonic 2018 flagship UB9000 w/HCX video processor & dynamic conversion adjustment (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The timing seems odd. Could Panasonic and Oppo be in collusion???

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Well, I am very happy to report that we'll be bring in the DP-UB9000 for USA distribution!

Literally one moment ago Panasonic confirmed my 1st and 2nd allocations for the UB9000! Early December for the 1st allotment and one month later for each additional shipment.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Hi Martin, thanks for the kind words! Yes, David and myself are doing well.

Sorry to say I've only worked with Pioneer's LX500 at dealer meetings and at CEDIA. Somehow I missed the 1st small USA allocation and my opening order is scheduled to arrive early November.

I have one UB9000 that the engineers in Japan sent me and we've used and tested it with several projectors and every new high-end OLED and LCD TV.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
1st two USA shipments of UB9000s are sold out and we are now accepting reservations for the February allocation.

xd9000

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike grayson
Hey John.
Looks like you are a whiz with these players, so wonder if you may be able to shed any light on the following.
I recently purchased a UB900 (I am in Australia) and am having 2 issues with it.

1. When I connect it to a Yamaha A2070 and onto an Optoma UHD 65 projector, the projector intermittently goes blank for about 5 seconds and reports HDMI signal loss on the projector. The HDMI cable between Amp and Projector is a good quality 10M fibre optic. If I connect direct from UB900 to the Projector, I never have an issue. I have also replaced the cable from player to amp and same issue. If I go from AMP to I didn't know any better, I would say it is an incompatibility problem. Are there any settings which may be able to address this issue, either on the player or Amp.

2. It gets VERY HOT when in my cabinet. I mean you can hardly touch the underneath it is so hot. I believe the problem is that the Fan never turns on. People I bought it from got me to do a factory reset, at which point it did spin the fan for a second or so, but has not spun it since. Any thoughts on this and what is going on.

Appreciate any input.

Regards
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks