What's new

Our Go Big or Go Home Home Theater (1 Viewer)

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Last night we got the front 3 channels dialed in. :) Here are the REW graphs which were all taken from the MLP (left channel only posted).

Horn only...

Bass Bin only...

Complete left speaker...

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Update:
I haven't gotten anything done in the last week as we are waiting until the HVAC work is all done. After that point I have a laborer that is going to come over and help me get the front and rear wall acoustics completed.

Since we have the front three channels dialed in with REW I have been listening to my CDs, and music videos in 2.1. I have to tell you that i am so pleased as to the way it sounds! This is the first time i have ever heard a sub that integrated so well with speakers without having the one note bass. I have had a couple of friends over and they have also commented on how well the setup is now integrated. Next on the tuning will be dialing in the subs to see if they can get even better!

I just installed a Darbee 5000 last night, and it makes a night and day difference on my setup. When I turn it on it is like I just fine tuned the focus. It is most noticeable when I turn it off and see the whole image appear to go a bit out of focus. I picked mine up BNIB at www.smarthome.com for $257 as a closeout item.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Here is the door handle temporarily mounted on our inner HT door. Light is powered by a 9v battery. The inner door still needs the fabric panels to be made and installed.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Update... We built the framework for the rear wall bass trap (except for the corners). We used 1x10s, and 3 layers of Roxul R60, covered it with rubber sheeting, and then re ran Audyssey. I listened to some Music and I am noticing even tighter bass than before. I had my wife come in and listen and she also commented about how much better the room was sounding. Here are some pictures of the install... Next will be making the fabric panels for the rear wall, and corner bass traps.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Dave Moritz said:
Very nice! What do you have left to finish your ht?
Thanks Dave, we still need to make more (cosmetic only) panels...for the ceiling, wrap a few panels for the walls, add additional track lights, cover the door to the hallway, and finish the panels in hallway. Maybe a days worth of work left. :)

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Bobofbone said:
Looking forward to the "finished" product. It's only temporary, though. You'll think of something else.

We'll look forward to that, too.
Not too likely that much will change as i am retired and don't have much extra cash.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Bobofbone said:
Looking forward to the "finished" product. It's only temporary, though. You'll think of something else.
Now that's a true statement. It seems like I'll never finish completely. There's always something to "change"!! You're NEVER through. Close but no cigar.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Progress from yesterday... Getting the HT entrance area (pond) flagstone laid

Looking from the HT to the pond entrance.

Looking from the HT entrance to the Skimmer.

Entrance to the HT.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
We watched the first Bourne movie last night. This was the first time since about July... Man did it ever sound different since then! It is amazing how much acoustic treatments change the sound.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
We ran REW when we were setting up the crossovers, and then we have run Audyssey after ever mod to the room. I still need to do some fine tuning on the subs, and run Audyssey one final time.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Today's update...
We have the entrance to the pond almost done. The next part is to get the Ipe railing completed. Once that is done the HT will get it's finishing touches, and then we will finish off the pond area with Ipe decking for the remaining flooring, and bridge.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
A friend in another forum suggested i try out the Roger Waters CD (Amused to death) which was recorded in Q Sound. I just got it ripped to the HDD, and sat down in the 2nd row to listen to it...........................................................................

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I could hear a bobcat to my right with dogs barking in my driveway (about 20' in front of me), people talking about 2' in front and to my left about 8' away. I have never heard anything like this coming from 2 channels. I had to stop listening after the first song to gather my thoughts!

I highly suggest anyone who likes Pink Floyd music to give this a listen.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
My Asthma is bothering me again and my wife thinks it is from all the new construction smells in the HT... So I decided to look into getting something to remove the odors on a daily basis.

I just ordered these...
1. This hopefully will take care of any odors in the HT. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JU04VY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. This hopefully will push the aire fast enough through the carbon scrubber. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RKNCMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am planning on installing them on the 8" HVAC return line. The return line is i believe either 25' or 50' of flex hose zig zagged across the ceiling and exiting the HT to our hall closet. I think that I can install the fan in there , and then install the Carbon scrubber on the other end of the fan. If it is too noisey I think that these should work on each side of the fan. http://www.phreshfilter.com/products/phresh-duct-silencers.aspx

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Dave Moritz said:
Are you issues gone?
I had my Dr. check and I now know what i am allergic to, and he says after the end of May i should be fine again. Meanwhile i am doing much better now than I was. The carbon filter has worked great. I turn it on once every week, and it has gotten the room to the point where i do not notice the chemicals anymore, so I think they are gone already (or so small they are not noticeable). I need to find some time and energy to get the last few panels made up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks