Opinions of Dell's projectors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by George_W_K, Apr 5, 2003.

1. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    This isn't for me, but one of my friends was considering buying one of these to use in his apartment he just rented. I haven't done any research on projectors yet (still trying to upgrade my sound) and I was wondering what everyone's opinion of these are.

He's not sure of a price range, but I know it won't be more than what the 3200 sells for. Any other models he should be looking at?

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/produc...roj_2100mp.htm http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/produc...roj_3200mp.htm

Thanks guys.
    George

2. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    This will be the only time I bump this.[​IMG]

Can I attribute the lack of responses to no one seeing these projectors, or that eveyone thinks they are crap for HT?

OR both?[​IMG]

What are the best projectors in the approx. $2000 range?
    I might need the advice now too, because I think I am going to buy one in this range also, not sure yet. I currently have a 31" JVC and want a big picture, but I need to upgrade my sound first. So I figure I buy an entry level projector now and after I am done with audio, buy a higher end projector.

Can anyone give advice on this please? Thank you.

Regards,
    George

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph
    I haven't seen this one in action yet. If your friend is coinsidering buying it, make sure he does a lengthy demo on one first.

There are a few possible choices at that pricerange. There is CRT which can be available used, then there are a few digital hcoices that are popular right now including the Panasonic L300U, Sanyo Z1, Infocus X1, and Sony HS10 all around that price.

4. Bob Maged