What's new

Opinions of the Dell 4100 MP (1 Viewer)

javamike9

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Hampton
I have the opportunity to purchase a Dell 4100 MP for about $150. It is is very good shape, and the bulb is brand new. :jawdrop: I was wondering if it would provide adequate quality for watching a movie/the big game. There was a similar question asked some time ago on here (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/212638/dell-4100mp-projector) but there were no responses. Would this be a good idea or not? I am not interested in salvaging it, I know the price is pretty incredible. I just want a projector for watching video.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
javamike9 said:
I have the opportunity to purchase a Dell 4100 MP for about $150. It is is very good shape, and the bulb is brand new. :jawdrop: I was wondering if it would provide adequate quality for watching a movie/the big game. There was a similar question asked some time ago on here (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/212638/dell-4100mp-projector) but there were no responses. Would this be a good idea or not? I am not interested in salvaging it, I know the price is pretty incredible. I just want a projector for watching video.
It will produce a "watchable" image, but no where near current sub-$2k projection technology. It 's a 4:3 aspect ratio, XGA, DLP, portable business class projector that accepts 1080i or 720p HD video signals. Contrast is not very good. The fan will be noisy. It wasn't designed as a video display device, but for primary use in PowerPoint presentations and class rooms. There is no HDMI/DVI input.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The only positive about it is it's pretty bright. That's because it's a business projector as George stated. How do you know the bulb is new? Is this on Ebay? If so, good luck.

javamike9

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Hampton
Thanks to both of you. My company has an auction site for employees where they liquidate old electronics. I know the bulb is new, because I talked to the person (a friend) who put it in last week. Regardless, since it would not do what I want, I did not get it. Thank you for your insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks