What's new

Once and Again 3/11/02 Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else watching one of the finer shows on TV that no one is watching?
OMG! Jessie's a lesbian! Katie finally broke down Jessie's resistance to the idea of that she's not a lesbian. The episode has Jessie avoiding Katie because Grace spilled the beans on Katie's sexual orientation.
The rest of the episode was about Grace having the hots for Mr. Dmitri (I don't like where this storyline is going - though I knew it coming at the start of the season).
That Lily got her wires cross w/r/t Grace or Jessie's sexual orientation was pure sitcom material, but that she accepted Grace for who she is was a nice touch. We should be lucky enough to have a mom so hot, er, understanding. :)
I was cracking up at the wry delivery of Rick when he kept pointing out the girl with the bad cough was going to die when people joined him in watching some movie on TV.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
We should be lucky enough to have a mom so hot, er, understanding.
She's not understanding, she's deluded & oblivious! It pains me that crap like Family Guy gets huge threads & petitions, while one of the best shows in recent years is about to be extinguished---ABC just blows!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But in the end, Lily was prepared to love Gracie no matter what.

It's amazing to me that shows like "Once and Again" don't get the ratings because the show is just so good, the acting and the stories are very good and touching. This is high caliber TV, but it never has found the right audience or time slot.

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Dang, I missed it. ABC's keep shuffling time slot and/or putting shows in hiatus.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I'm not sure that kissing another girl a few times at her age makes her a lesbian. At this stage, it could be confusion and/or experimentation -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
Good episode. Did well in the ratings, too. And yes, Sela Ward is hot :)
//Ken

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else watching one of the finer shows on TV that no one is watching?
I am afraid that this show is destined for cancellation at the end of this season. ABC has not shown much confidence in this show with all the day and time shifts. Now that it is in the timeslot for Monday Night Football, it doesn't look good for the return of this show. That's too bad, because this is a very good show with some very good performances from the actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks