What's new

ok, what did i do wrong here? (1 Viewer)

Raptor382

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
Listed my old home theater system on craigslist

sony str-dg820 7.1 AVR - $125

klipsch quintet 5 channel speakers - $110

klipsch RPW10 subwoofer - $135

originally i had the whole system listed for $350 or $370, then i just broke it down into individual listings, i have yet to get any serious inquiries. Mostly just spam emails.

is this too much to ask for this equipment? all of it is in excellent working order. nothing wrong with any of it, other than the AVR, has 2 small scratches on top, and is missing the am and fm antennas, as well as the calibration mic.

trying to sell this stuff off, not having much luck. any suggestions?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Fair prices. Would I buy any of that?

No.

Average price on Ebay for that Sony is under $100. (couple around $180...new...otherwise all under $100)

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Often times the speed of your sale depends on your location. For example my area....I know folks living in the Redneck Rivera love them some Insigina Dynex and Westinghouse TVs. So sometimes Ive had a hard time buying or selling quality gear in my local area. It can be found, you just have to be shrewd and know what to look for. And come to think of it all my more expensive gear I listed and sold on my local CL was to folks who drove 100+ miles to buy it. If its fairly easy and cheap to ship consider listing in other large metros close to you to get better exposure, and of course mention shipping is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks