What's new

Oh GAWD!!! (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
Check out this site.
A friend of mine had to deal with a cat that was 'skunked' and swears that this works. Seems the tomato juice cure doesn't work very well.

Terry Hansen

Stunt Coordinator
You can try Odor-mute, its an enzyme odor remover. Comes as a powder and you mix it with water. It works great on everything I've tried (haven't tried skunk) and it won't blow up your pet!:D
They have specific instructions for getting rid of skunk odor and heard it works great.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We did the tomato juice remedy when our dalmatian got skunked many years ago. The problem was he got sprayed right in the face.
The smell will go away in a awhile...but for awhile everytime the pet (I am assuming a dog??!) gets wet, it will smell again.
I'm afraid time heals all smells.
P.S. Nathan.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I used that recipe, and it worked pretty well, after about 5 times. Still has a stench though if you get to close, but its good enough to come back into the house. Guess the pooch gets shuned for a couple weeks...

Thanks for the hints....

DS

StephenA

Screenwriter
At least he wasn't pricked by a porcupine. When my mom was a dog groomer, she had to was many skunked dogs. I forgot what she used, but it used to take the smell out. All 5 of my dogs were skiunked once in my back yard, so we had to take them to the groomer. This happened years after my mom stopped grooming dogs and got rid of all of her supplies.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Call a Vet or a groomer and ask what the best cure is for the smell. They may be able to provide more insight into what works and what doesnt. I knew a guy in high school that got hit by a skunk and it must have been 2 weeks before he returned. :frowning:
KyleS

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
When we were in high school, a friend of mine thought it would be fun to run over a cat. We were going down the road in his car late at night, when a "cat" began crossing the road. He swerved to hit it (must have thought it was "cool" to run over someone's beloved pet :angry: ) and, sure enough, nailed the thing.
He got what he deserved: It was a skunk, and boy did it stink. We didn't get 20 feet from that sucker when the smell hit us. I nearly gagged; it was like being asphyxiated with a deadly gas. We were only a block from home so I got out and walked the rest of the way. His car stunk for a couple of days.
Far as I know, he quit trying to run over animals after that.

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
My Westie had a very up-close confrontation with a skunk about 2 years ago. The yellow stuff was dripping off his head. We cleaned him initially with Massingil douche because that was all we had on hand, and it got a lot of the smell out. We followed that with a commercial product, and by two weeks he was fairly smell-free. However, for about a year afterward, you could still smell the skunk on his head if he got wet or if the weather was damp.::frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks