Kung Fu Panda 4 (2024)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Title: Kung Fu Panda 4 (2024)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Family

Director: Mike Mitchell

Cast: Jack Black, Awkwafina, Viola Davis, Bryan Cranston, Ke Huy Quan, Dustin Hoffman, Ian McShane, James Hong, Seth Rogen, Lori Tan Chinn, Ronny Chieng, Audrey Brooke, Jimmy Donaldson

Release: 2024-03-02

Runtime: 94

Plot: Po is gearing up to become the spiritual leader of his Valley of Peace, but also needs someone to take his place as Dragon Warrior. As such, he will train a new kung fu practitioner for the spot and will encounter a villain called the Chameleon who conjures villains from the past.

In a word, boring. Sure, I laughed at some of the jokes--not because they're particularly good, but because they were so bad they're good (IMHO). There's a bunch of action sequences which are pleasing to look at most of the time, but even they're frantic and only serve to keep the audience awake. There is a real story here to mine and explore...the movie isn't interested in trying to understand why Po is reticent to do what he needs to do, let alone complete a character arc for Awkwafina's Zhen (everything happens far too quickly and easily for her story).

Mercifully short at 94-ish minutes (with credits). I can't say I was disappointed, per se, since I had no expectations for this movie. It's just...dull.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks