What's new

***Official Xbox Ninja Gaiden Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Oh, and I think that Team Ninja should have taken advantage of the Xbox harddrive to throw a few bones to their loyal fans; imagine if by installing Ninja Gaiden, you got some new costumes for Ryu and Ayane in Dead or Alive 3, or some new items to buy in DoA XVB, or something along those lines....

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
This game is pretty cool. The original and its sequel are still much better, much more of a fun factor.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Attempting to work my way through the Core of the Palace now. My god did the difficulty just ramp up to 11! As if this game wasnt hard enough already, they through you into a non stop boss battle, one after another with no time to get more health and whatnot. At least so far it is the easier bosses and not the worms. I am getting killed by the second wave boss, but dont know whats after that. Only time will tell, as it is hard working through them without any kind of healing potions to my name.

This game will be done by weeks end. And then cast back into the firey chasm from whence it came!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
How far into this game did you get Scott? Did you beat it completely or are you stopping partial way through before trading it in?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Nah I plan on beating it first. So far it just seems like another Onimusha (was expecting different). I hope it gets better as my powers increase.. I'm trying to defeat the blimp master thingy dood.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The game gets better as it goes on. Some of the later chapters are insanely difficult as well. I would keep it though for the master ninja tournament as well. There should be new courses every so often available on LIVE for it.

And for Viewtiful Joe, just pick that up no questions asked. A great game, but insanely hard once you get near the end. I got to a point and just put it down for months was so frustrated, the time you do the boss run in that.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Honestly guys, I played this game and gave it more than a fair chance at liking it but the game just has too many flaws. First like everyone is pointing out, the game is so hard that's it gets to the point of frustration!! I play video games to avoid that very thing! Secondly, I think everyone is being super generous about the camera cause quite frankly, it stinks. NO better or worse than every other 3rd person game, but I just wish someone would put a little more thought into it.
Perhaps I'm being Private pussy here but give it an easy mode. Please!! IT's better business and it just generates better reviews from people like me. Another complaint of many I have is that in some rooms when I attack I find myself hitting someone near a door, right when I get there my character tries the door instead of attacking, only to leave me to get wasted. I won't lay down my whole hate for this game mainly because I see potential for quite an amazing game here, I just wish I could see it all. I guess I lack the patience anf strength to get past the flaws.
Thanks

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
To me the only major flaw is the camera. The difficulty is pretty high ,but nowhere near as high as the old NES ones, especially Ninja Gaiden 3. The fact that this game is hard makes beating parts of it even more rewarding. I agree there should be an easy mode as well, but there isnt unfortunately.

I do not think hte game is so hard that it would spoil it though. It just takes a lot of practice and perseverance on the players part to get through it.

And as for the door thing. If you are near the door and it says to press X to open it, just jump away during the combo or press Y for your other attack. Only once did i ever foul up on the door snafu, and it was an easy fix to get away from it. The key to combat in this game is learn your blocks and rolls, and find two combos you can exploit. Particularly ones the involve going to the air. That is what saves me all the time. The good old X, Y, X, X,X, X(or Y) air combo. It sets up a devestating combo, and also gets you out of enemies ways. And if you do the X Y Y combo, it also keeps hte larger enemies like the Zombies dazed, as the second hit stuns them. just repeat it and the attackee wont have time to do a thing.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The secret to this game is truly learning how to use air, and walls, how to block, how to roll, and learning the patterns.

One thing I'd change, though, is splash damage; when three fucking army guys with rocket launchers are standing on top of me, and shooting at their own feet, it's annoying.

I loves the Windmill Shuriken and the Vigoorian Flails, though, yes I does...

Oh, and making upgrading your sword a priority.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Because nothing is more humiliating to a demon than being beaten to death with a wooden sword!

I didnt even know you could upgrade the wooden sword. I think I might have to buy one now just to spite my most hated Fiends.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
you know, the wooden sword takes over 100,000 essence to upgrade. IMO I thought it was a worthwhile upgrade seeing how it was one of my top used weapons in the game. But that's just my opinion.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
100,000? GOOD GOD! What does that weapon do when used? I only used it once on a different file as a gag. Is it really that good?

AlexanderS

Second Unit
The unambored flawness (fully upgraded wooden sword) is fantastic. The counter move usually kills enemies with one shot. 2 points that haven't been discussed in detail:

1) Find areas with respawning enemies and milk them like crazy. I can't emphasize this enough. Level 1, 6, 7, and 10 all have areas with enemies that drop good amounts of money. Helps to have the Armlet of Benediction (increases money collected. Obtained by collecting 15 scarabs). I used the ninjas in level 1 and the bats at the beginning of level 10. Spend a good hour or two and you can upgrade all the weapons and have money to burn on whatever else you might need. The key, especially with the bats, is to kill 2 enemies and then use the ultimate attack. This increases the money output 5 fold. Essential if you don't want to spend a lot of time.

2) I can't believe that no one has mentioned the quality of the soundtrack. Its fantastic. This definately rivals Metroid Prime for best soundtrack, for me at least. If you've got 5.1 then get this game. Just fantastic.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hey you know what the game is a lot more enjoyable now that I have a level 2 sword and found out some techniques. Like a true idiot I was going through the game with a level 1 sword, not worrying about upgrading. :b

It was just way too hard, but with the new sword and all the defensive maneuvers I learned just about any enemy is a piece of cake. :emoji_thumbsup:

Do you guys like the Windmill Shuryuken at all? I tend to stick to the regular ones.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Alexander (and all)

I totally agree. Forget about your ranking the first time through the game and just enjoy it. Farm essence as Alex mentioned, if you can always upgrade your weapons and but full elixir from the store, the game will be MUCH easier. The key to the first run is just not to give up. Some enemies have weaknesses you can exploit, some enemies have blind spots, and some you don't even have to fight at all (just run past them and they de-spawn.) The point is find your own style of play, don't worry about the level rankings, and enjoy a fantastic game. Later on you can worry about getting "Master Ninja" on every level.

The soundtrack does rock. I don't usually notice though as I'm too busy trying to keep Ryu alive to pay attention to the sweet graphics/sound.

This one is quickly moving into my top ten games of all time.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well, I went back and did the combos of doom cheat to get essence at the alley way near the XBOX recharger. I fully loaded myself with all weapons, nimpo, elixers and all, and went back fully loaded towards the end of the game. You know, with full items and the armlet that lets you regain health, the end is pretty damn easy.

The Demon Lord was pretty easy, as was the giant Demon you fight in the lava, but the Vigoor Emperor, the one made of skulls, was kind of annoying, yet awesome to look at.

The escape from the pit took a while, as I kept mistiming jumps because of the camera or just ran out of time. But the final boss was WAY too easy. Just do the flying swallow a lot and you can almost get out of this unscathed.

The ending was a tad disappointing, yet still very good and fitting. I wish that the second play through let you keep your items and upgrades though, but the new outfit and sword are bad ass beyond compare though.

Overall great game. And it isnt so tough once you know whats coming and have planned for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks