What's new

***Official Xbox Ninja Gaiden Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
I think everybody's too busy playing it (I know I am). The game rocks...but's it's also incredibly hard. I've not put this much effort into playing a game in a while. I'm only in the village after beating the first boss, but I'm liking it very much so far.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Geez, I played for a few minutes last night and can't get past the opening rock sequence... Geeez I'm a bad gamer!!!! Where the heck do I have to go???

Eric F

Screenwriter
Is this game harder than GunValkyrie? That game really pissed me off. I'm left handed and could never get the controls down right.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Both the media, and the players, are all saying nothing but good things about this game. Unlike, say, Deus Ex 2, as a recent example.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Except there have been negative reviews of Ninja Gaiden, and there's plenty of negative feedback from players, just like pretty much every game.

Yup, the reviews have generally been very positive, but it's not 100% positive.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

I've only played the demo, but I think you have to run up the wall ala Prince of Persia and grab the ledge and climb up. You have to do this a few times to advance.

I most likely gonna pick the game up this weekend.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Well what do you mean by difficulty here? Do you mean is the game as difficult to learn as Gunvalkyrie control wise? The answer to that would be no but the game is skill based and in terms of challenge, yes the game is quite hard.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Hey Romier!!!

I actually stopped at my local EB an the resident Guru helped me through the area, and into the Ninja Training area... Man was that cool fighting the Ninjas!!! What a game system!!!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Ah excellent. Wait till you finally get to the boss, he's a doozy off the bat (and damn the guys arms are about as big as Ryu..lol).;)

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
Is the game easy to get now. I didnt want to fight any mobs on release day, but I really want to pick this up. So I was going to head to my local gamestop early tomorrow morning and hope that they have it, as after reading some reviews and opinions cant wait to get my hands on it.

I even played the old NES versions a few days ago to get my ninja skills back up to task..lol

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What about Spoilers? This is a discussion thread.

By the way, calling this game HARD is an understatement. I don't think I have ever played a harder game, except for pehaps MDK2.

I'm on the second boss and I'm having my ass handed to me over and over...again.

Very frustrating. Almost to the point of not liking the game.......almost.;)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Level 2 Boss Spoiler:

The boss in the level is actually fairly easy once you learn to use the enemies that spawn to your advantage. Kill one or two of them, absord thier "Essences" until you have built up a good second level ultimate attack and unleash hell on the horse rider (you'll hear him coming). You can literally kill him 3-4 ultimate attacks. You need to be very skilled at dodging however to use this method of attack.

You can also use the gate thats not burned down to launch yourself up over the boss as he comes from behind you and slice downward at him. It also has the added benefit of taking out the sorcerors that are always crowding you (and since they usually drop blue essences it will refill your health at the same time.) You'll have him down in no time.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thanks Romier, but I just beat that second level Boss before logging on here. I used practically the same approach you describe above.

Still, it was frickin' hard. I'm on the Airship now.

And let me add, playing this game in 480p on my 65" Sony 16x9 set is AWESOME!:emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
on my Panny 47inch this game is a sight to behold in 480p. The second boss was hard for a while, but then when I beat him I just sat and blocked as he charged, then rolled out of the way as he got close then reversed it to the power slice throuh him. Took him down in no time then.

The airship boss is pretty easy. Just run in get a few good licks, and jump back before he hits you. Jumping attacks also work, you need to stay mobile with him.

The giant fiend at the end of the city was too easy too. Just do the jump spin slices on his tentacles and they fall off, then rush in and go to town on him with power combos. He takes no time to beat.

Other than that, this game is VERY hard. I like that though. The fact that every encounter with an enemy can be fatal if you arent on your A game. Adds fear to the game, which is something absent from most lately.

And now that I am in the monestary, the demons are popping out of hte ground, messing me up BAD!

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Guys,

I got to the top of the Ninja Temple, mision one. When can I save the game, so I don't have to start all over again, and do all those jumps to get to the top??

Are there ceratin places to save???

Tough game!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks