***Official Xbox Ninja Gaiden Thread***

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John Madia, Feb 3, 2004.

Tags:
  1. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

I'm thinking about trading in four games (Baldur's Gate: DA, Buffy, PGR, Rocky) and $10 at EB for Ninja Gaiden. Of the games, I beat BG: DA, Buffy and Rocky and didn't really like PGR. I paid about $50 total for the games so I really wouldn't be losing out much. Besides, the only game I go back and play is Rocky and that's only for a fight or two.

Before I trade them in I have some questions about Ninja Gaiden. There's tons of hype for the game but I'm unsure of a few things. About how long is the game supposed to be? I heard rumors that it's only about 8 hours. I know there are the original games (including the original arcade game?) on it but it would be dissapointing if the main game was short. I also heard that the difficulty is extremely hard by default. Is this true and can you change it? I enjoy a good challenge but from what I've heard it's supposed to be either insanely difficult by default or have that as an option.

Most importantly, is the game supposed to be good? Hype doesn't always equal a good game.

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Tecmo said this game would take 50 hours to beat. A lot of other people are saying 20+

It includes all the original nes games (almost worth the price there)
    I dont know about the arcade. Only have heard rumors.
    I also dont know how hard its gonna be.

Also downloadable stuff's. Although no one knows what yet. Assuming new enemies or weapons

Im pretty psyched for this. how many more days? 19?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

At this point, who knows? It's been hyped up incredibly by the press & websites, it's had one review that was done at Tecmo's office of an incomplete version, and I suspect Tecmo will be hard pressed to live up to the expectations that some people appear to have built up for the title.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Never seen that before {cough - Matrix - cough}. Defintely will have a lot of eyes upon it. But I don't think anyone would challenge that, at least on its face, it looks pretty amazing. Hell of a range of game times from 20-50 hours, but even 20 hours is a lot all things considered. Plus the bonus stuff (didn't realize were included). They'll definitely be a lot of chatter on this subject over the coming days and weeks. So much so that I'll make this the Official NG Thread to keep the bandwidth within reason.

5. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

We could all print our impressions of Ninja Gaiden now, but unfortunately John it would be more of the hype you are trying to see through. Until the game is released and we can all play it, all we have to go on is what leaks to website beforehand. And that's about as shaky a rumor mill as anyone could ask for. So be patient and we'll all gind out on the 16th.

6. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Does it support live?

I meant 1 on 1 live, as opposed to downloadables.

7. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Now wouldnt that be cool. Ninjas fighting online........

wait that's doa online. I think theyll be focussing more on downloads and new levels.

8. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Any confirmation on the extra features? If it includes all the NES games and the arcade game those are worth the price of admission alone!

9. Jonathan M P

Jonathan M P Auditioning

Well I have a question concerning the extras in this game:
    When you say that it will bring the NES games, is that for certain or is really just a rumor? I mean the game is going to be by far one of the top games of this year besides HALO 2... I mean thats if it lives up to it's expectations! I dont think that the game will be bad at all... But like Chris said: "If it includes the NES games and the Arcade game, those are worth the price of the admission alone"! I couldn't agree more. [​IMG]

10. Romier S

Romier S Producer

From the words of Itakagi himself:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...s_6075359.html

That only mentions the original 1985 NES version of the game however in subsequent interviews it has been confirmed that all three of the NES games will be included with the Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden.

The first place I heard the rumored inclusion of the arcade version was in an IGN preview of up and coming 2004 games and as of now I have personally seen no confirmation. Though Im hoping its in there.[​IMG]

At the very least you can bank on the original three being in there barring any unforeseen changes (which I doubt will happen).

11. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I believe there was thread on TeamXbox's Site that said the original game is not included, but I think it's all supposition so far. I've mainly been buying Online Multiplayer games but this looked cool so I've preordered it. I've also preordered Unreal 2.

12. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

There's a decent deal going for this at EBgames.com. Preorder Ninja Gaiden and get a $10 off voucher for your next purchase. Use the code XBOXPRE (which expires tonight 2/6 I believe) and it takes 5% off one preorder. Effective cost $34.99 shipped (free super saver shipping). Not bad.

13. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Its also been confirmed on Magic Box that the game includes the original three NES games. For the most part I'll take Itakagi's words over TeamXbox[​IMG] (Or Magic Box for that matter[​IMG] )

14. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

Thanks for the info. I just traded in the four games today. Even though it said trade in 4 games and $10 I didn't have to pay the $10. Not a bad deal considering I paid just over $50 for the games in the first place.

Also, I heard that the original Ninja Gaiden games are ports from the SNES trilogy. It would kind of make sense since they would only have to port one game instead of three but IIRC the SNES versions changed some stuff (most notably the music which was redone poorly). Still, it's a nice bonus.

15. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Well, IGN is now reporting a delay to March 2, although I have no idea how legitimate this is... Either way, I'm sure it'll be here when it's done (hopefully with all four previous Ninja gaiden games included)!

16. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Is that EB deal online online or also at the retail outlets?

17. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Its definately been pushed back to the 2nd now. GameSpot and EB Games both reporting. Hopefully this will be the last delay.

18. George Monroy

George Monroy Stunt Coordinator

Sell your games on half.com

That is what I do. I just sold Crimson Skies for $30. I would not have gotten any where near that much if I traded in at EB. I have sold games for up to $40.

It is a much better deal.

19. Keith Pepling

Keith Pepling Auditioning

I just got the new demo disc and Ninja Gaiden is on it. All I can say is that this game is amazing. The demo just made me drool. I can't wait for the final version to be realized.

20. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    How is no one discussing this fantastic game???

I picked it up on Tuesday and have been blown away. The graphics are gorgeous, the sound immersive, the gameplay is kick-ass!

I got to the first boss and he beat the living shit out of me over, and over, and over. Finally beat him last night!

This game is HARD, let me tell you. But that's one of the things that also make it great.

Anyone......[​IMG]