What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT
2015 Saturn Award Winner!
Best DVD/BD Classic Film Release!

Attachments

• Saturn.jpg
    Saturn.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 85

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr
MisterLime said:
THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT

Congrats! I didn't get this as I had purchased the Australian Hammer set from from Shock, but I'm probably going to pick it up for the extras...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MisterLime said:
THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT
Deservedly so. Fine release. How can we ever get its sequel, QUATERMASS II (aka Enemy From Space)? Why the rights are split on these first two Quatermass films is a mystery to me.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Well that was unexpected. Never seen this one, but the cast & the Zane Grey connection hit the right marks.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Dick said:
Deservedly so. Fine release. How can we ever get its sequel, QUATERMASS II (aka Enemy From Space)? Why the rights are split on these first two Quatermass films is a mystery to me.

Who does hold Quatermass II in the U.S.? StudioCanal? No surprise that they are split considering the Hammer films in general always seemed to have been sold the the highest bidder when it came to being released stateside and is still split among multiple studios regarding North American distribution (some of them worldwide).

I believe Kino Lorber could release X the Unknown, which I believe is another one that ended up in the MGM library.

David Mahlan

Stunt Coordinator
davidmatychuk said:
To me, when the movie stops in the middle for Fran Jeffries singing "Meglio Stasera", it's three minutes of unsubtitled bliss after which you can pour me into a martini glass.
Seconded!

riotengine

Grip
Real Name
Greg Espinoza
Just read that Kino-Lorber will be releasing Sergio Sollima's excellent spaghetti western, Faccia A Faccia, (Face To Face) with Gian Maria Volonte and Tomas Millian

That got me excited till I read the run time listed on Amazon for the Blu-ray is listed at 93 minutes, when it should be 107 minutes.

I own the 107 minute Japanese DVD and back in 2010 Eureka announced their release at 93 minutes. They delayed their release when they realized it was the wrong cut. Eventually Eureka did release the full-length 107 minute version. Can Kino-Lorber clarify whether their upcoming release is the correct 107 minute version?

http://www.amazon.com/Face-aka-Faccia-Blu-ray/dp/B00YQTCM5C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
riotengine said:
Just read that Kino-Lorber will be releasing Sergio Sollima's excellent spaghetti western, Faccia A Faccia, (Face To Face) with Gian Maria Volonte and Tomas Millian

That got me excited till I read the run time listed on Amazon for the Blu-ray is listed at 93 minutes, when it should be 107 minutes.

I own the 107 minute Japanese DVD and back in 2010 Eureka announced their release at 93 minutes. They delayed their release when they realized it was the wrong cut. Eventually Eureka did release the full-length 107 minute version. Can Kino-Lorber clarify whether their upcoming release is the correct 107 minute version?

http://www.amazon.com/Face-aka-Faccia-Blu-ray/dp/B00YQTCM5C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
The version re-mastered in HD is the American English language version which has a running time of 93 minutes. The Kino Lorber DVD and BD release includes the HD version of the 93 Minute English language version and the SD version of the 107 minute Italian version as an extra. The description on Amazon notes: This special edition includes both the American English language cut and the uncut original Italian version.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray and DVD! Brand New 2015 HD Master!

THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLE (1959) Starring Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Laurence Olivier, Janette Scott, Eva Le Gallienne, Harry Andrews and George Rose. Directed by Guy Hamilton.

Attachments

• DD.jpg
    DD.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 83

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr
MisterLime said:

THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLE (1959) Starring Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Laurence Olivier, Janette Scott, Eva Le Gallienne, Harry Andrews and George Rose. Directed by Guy Hamilton.
Amazing...this has only appeared on VHS to the best of my knowledge...

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
MisterLime said:

Holy crap.....had actually removed this one from my wish list as I thought we'd never see it on BD since no DVD was ever released.

Very nice and day one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks