What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Since You Went Away (1944) The Roadshow Edition
Starring Claudette Colbert, Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, Shirley Temple, Lionel Barrymore, Robert Walker, Monty Woolley, Hattie McDaniel, Agnes Moorehead, Alla Nazimova, Keenan Wynn, Guy Madison and Craig Stevens - Produced by David O. Selznick (I'll Be Seeing You) - Shot by Lee Garmes (Duel in the Sun) and Stanley Cortez (The Night of the Hunter) - Music by Max Steiner (Casablanca) - Screenplay by David O. Selznick (The Paradine Case) - Based on a book by Margaret Buell Wilder (A Stolen Life) - Directed by John Cromwell (Made for Each Other)

MV5BNjdjNDk2YzEtMDk5Ny00YTBjLWFhNGYtOGUwMGVjOTRjMDQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUxODE0MDY@._V1_.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I've always liked this film . Good performances all around . Colbert ,Cotton,Walker,Jones not to mention Monty Woolley and Agnes Moorehead . Can't wait to see the roadshow edition. A commentary would be nice .:)

Good news about the roadshow version. Too bad we can't get the same for Krakatoa East of Java and Custer of the West. I know they aren't in the same class as Since You Went Away but I would still like to have longer versions.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I enjoy both Krakatoa and Custer . I would be interested in both roadshow versions. I hope KL or someone else put those out at some point .

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I enjoy both Krakatoa and Custer . I would be interested in both roadshow versions. I hope KL or someone else put those out at some point .

They are releasing them on 9/12 but not roadshow and only 2.0 sound. I know this is the best they can get so I'm not complaining about Kino Lober. I doubt they would be released again in roadshow and 5.1.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Trivia about "Since You Went Away" : There is a picture of Claudette Colbert's character's husband in the home. The picture is of Neil Hamilton, who played Commissioner Gordon on the 1960's Batman TV show. I believe he had a part as the husband in the film but was cut out except for his picture.

Is the difference between the roadshow and standard version of the film the inclusion of overture , intermission, and exit music in the roadshow version? Was any of the picture proper cut after the film played in the big cities ? In the days before TCM TV showings may have cut the film to fit a time slot .

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Trivia about "Since You Went Away" : There is a picture of Claudette Colbert's character's husband in the home. The picture is of Neil Hamilton, who played Commissioner Gordon on the 1960's Batman TV show. I believe he had a part as the husband in the film but was cut out except for his picture.

Is the difference between the roadshow and standard version of the film the inclusion of overture , intermission, and exit music in the roadshow version? Was any of the picture proper cut after the film played in the big cities ? In the days before TCM TV showings may have cut the film to fit a time slot .

The DVD is 177 minutes and is the roadshow. Cut versions were released according to IMDB but we know they can have mistakes on their site.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming September 5th on DVD and Blu-ray!

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969) with optional English Subtitles

Special Features:
• Audio Commentary by Director Sydney Pollack
• Audio commentary by Actress Jane Fonda, Producer Irwin Winkler, Producer Martin Baum, Actress Bonnie Bedelia, Actor Michael Sarrazin, Actor Red Buttons, and Hair Stylist Sydney Guilaroff
• Making-of Featurette
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Original Theatrical Trailer

they_shoot.jpg

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
I think the American cut was 93 minutes and the European cut was 122 minutes. IMdB seems all over the map with various timings for different territories. Maybe there was an intermission or exit music for some screenings, but I think the Kino version represents the best version, content wise.

The American Film Institute Catalog, Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide, and the 29 May 1969 New York Times review of the film all list its running time as 122 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks