What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
for those of you that have never seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly how i envy that feeling of seeing it again for the first time, you are in for a treat, one of Leone's Masterpieces the other being Once Upon a Time in the West.
I will let everyone know my opinion once I watch it!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Taking of Beverly Hills (1991) Starring Ken Wahl, Matt Frewer, Harley Jane Kozak, Robert Davi, Lee Ving, Branscombe Richmond, Lyman Ward, Michael Bowen, Tony Ganios and William Prince - Music by Jan Hammer (Miami Vice) - Directed by Sidney J. Furie (The Ipcress File, Iron Eagle)

1991 The taking of Beverly Hills (ing) 02.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 10th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Young Doctors in Love (1982) Starring Sean Young, Michael McKean, Rick Overton, Crystal Bernard, Ted McGinley, Saul Rubinek, Harry Dean Stanton, Pamela Reed, Taylor Negron, Dabney Coleman, Michael Richards, Hector Elizondo, Patrick Macnee - Shot by Donald Peterman (Men in Black, Get Shorty) - Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia) - Written by Michael Elias (The Jerk, The Frisco Kid) and Rich Eustis (Serial, Back to School) - Directed by Garry Marshall (The Flamingo Kid, Pretty Woman)

young-doctors-in-love-movie-poster-1982-1020362673.jpg

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Just wondering is there another Friedkin film to be announced? I thought there were two coming and only caught one announcement. Maybe I missed the second one...

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Coming October 10th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Young Doctors in Love (1982) Starring Sean Young, Michael McKean, Rick Overton, Crystal Bernard, Ted McGinley, Saul Rubinek, Harry Dean Stanton, Pamela Reed, Taylor Negron, Dabney Coleman, Michael Richards, Hector Elizondo, Patrick Macnee - Shot by Donald Peterman (Men in Black, Get Shorty) - Music by Maurice Jarre (Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia) - Written by Michael Elias (The Jerk, The Frisco Kid) and Rich Eustis (Serial, Back to School) - Directed by Garry Marshall (The Flamingo Kid, Pretty Woman)

View attachment 39013
I was wondering when this would show up.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
HI MRLIme, was just watching my copy of "Those daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies" when I realised this is the 122 mins U.S. version..(the original UK version, with a different title, runs 130 mins). Just curious as to why you were not able to access the extended cut of the film? Does the licensor, Paramount, not have access to the original version?

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
HI MRLIme, was just watching my copy of "Those daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies" when I realised this is the 122 mins U.S. version..(the original UK version, with a different title, runs 130 mins). Just curious as to why you were not able to access the extended cut of the film? Does the licensor, Paramount, not have access to the original version?

I think the American cut was 93 minutes and the European cut was 122 minutes. IMdB seems all over the map with various timings for different territories. Maybe there was an intermission or exit music for some screenings, but I think the Kino version represents the best version, content wise.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 3rd on Blu-ray!

Original Gangstas (1996) Starring Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Pam Grier, Richard Roundtree, Ron O'Neal, Paul Winfield, Robert Forster, Wings Hauser, Isabel Sanford, Oscar Brown Jr., Charles Napier and Frank Pesce - Produced by Fred Williamson (One Down, Two to Go) - Written by Aubrey K. Rattan (Hit List) - Directed by Larry Cohen (It's Alive, Q)

18768464_1906054313013710_232106212717335435_o.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
THE HURRICANE will be going out-of-print on July 31, 2017 - The DVD ($7.99) and the Blu-ray ($9.99) are still available exclusively on the Kino Lorber website, while quantities last.

The Hurricane (1937) starring Dorothy Lamour, Jon Hall, Mary Astor, C. Aubrey Smith, Thomas Mitchell, Raymond Massey & John Carradine - Directed by John Ford

Oscar Winner: Best Sound
Oscar Nominee: Best Supporting Actor (Mitchell) and Score (Alfred Newman)

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Joseph McBride, the author of Searching For John Ford
• Original Theatrical Trailer

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/view/id/2894

738329179021.jpg

5012839.jpg 5012843.jpg S1073583_002.jpg 5012841.jpg 5012840.jpg

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I watched it for the first time a couple of months ago.
I was bored for half the movie, then it seemed it got more interesting and finally I had the opinion it's a good film.
I'm just not into spaggheti westerns it seems.
There's no getting around the Spaghetti Westerns; even Leon's non-Western epic masterpiece of Once Upon a Time in America had a character in it by the name of Noodles.:D

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Add me to the list of those waiting for official release date for Love With the Proper Stranger .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks