What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Great news about the DOLLARS films (I'm assuming FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE is inevitable), as MGM didn't "restore" those for the last trilogy release! Kino is killing my pocketbook!!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'll definitely be in for A Fistful of Dollars.
In the meantime, Mr Lime, is there any word yet on whether the horizontal stretch issue in the existing transfer of 'The Big Country' will be remedied in your new issue?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
another month has passed, and still waiting to see what that other TV title is, my biggest hope is that it premiered September 16, 1963

You and me both.

sinewave.png

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Take the Money and Run (1969) Starring Woody Allen, Janet Margolin, Marcel Hillaire, Lonny Chapman, Jan Merlin, James Anderson, Dan Frazer and Louise Lasser - Music by Marvin Hamlisch (The Sting) - Screenplay by Woody Allen and Mickey Rose (Bananas) - Directed by Woody Allen

View attachment 38426

Bye bye old non-anamorphic DVD....FINALLY..

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
MisterLime, Kino is still doing RAWHEAD REX for Halloween, aren't they? Read something on another forum, which I'm guessing is just plain wrong, about Kino NOT doing the blu-ray.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime, Kino is still doing RAWHEAD REX for Halloween, aren't they? Read something on another forum, which I'm guessing is just plain wrong, about Kino NOT doing the blu-ray.

Yes we are releasing RawHead Rex in Halloween - Just another person speaking out of their you know what.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming in 2018 on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Master!

For a Few Dollars More (1965) Starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonte, Klaus Kinski, Mario Brega, Luigi Pistilli and Aldo Sambrell - Music by Ennio Morricone - Directed by Sergio Leone

17807211_1876184686000673_1019325672519328970_o.jpg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just ordered some great titles for a great deal from the Summer 2017 Kino Lorber catalogue. Bring on Swanson and Valentino! Nice catalogue, too. We watched the gorgeous Kino BD of The Mark of Zorro last night and I wondered if any other Tyrone Power, or perhaps Hemingway, films might be in the pipeline. Any chance for Captain From Castile, The Sun Also Rises, The Black Rose, Son of Fury, Nightmare Alley or The Snows of Kilimanjaro in the future?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Just ordered some great titles for a great deal from the Summer 2017 Kino Lorber catalogue. Bring on Swanson and Valentino! Nice catalogue, too. We watched the gorgeous Kino BD of The Mark of Zorro last night and I wondered if any other Tyrone Power, or perhaps Hemingway, films might be in the pipeline. Any chance for Captain From Castile, The Sun Also Rises, The Black Rose, Son of Fury, Nightmare Alley or The Snows of Kilimanjaro in the future?
Kino issued Prince of Foxes a month or two ago, a fine performance from Tyrone Power.

Jordan Krug

Stunt Coordinator
Last edited:

Jordan Krug

Stunt Coordinator
Great news on For a Few Dollars More my favorite of the Dollars trilogy. I have bought it on non-hi fi VHS, hi-fi VHS, non-widescreen laserdisc, widescreen laserdisc, DVD, the MGM Blu Ray. I guess one more time can't hurt. :lol:
Hopefully the new release will be uncut like the German blu (a few seconds of the beating scene are missing from all other home releases, even the Italian).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks