What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Unfortunately both the dollars films 2014 restorations received the same yellow/green/crushed blacks treatment as GBU. Hopefully KL will try to fix them.

When this 50th ann. "restored" version of FISTFUL OF DOLLARS premiered at Cannes in 2014, I remember hearing somewhere that the film had not really been in any dire need of a restoration -unlike, say, a certain John Wayne western set in Texas - it's just that there was this need to have something new/ special for the anniversary. Oh well, it's all to the better (save for the yellow-push problem) for the film..

Still, Quentin Tarantino's (presenter at the premiere) sentiments, as related via this article, resonate deeply:

http://www.indiewire.com/2014/10/qu...rs-shown-at-cannes-made-him-depressed-271706/

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Just ordered some great titles for a great deal from the Summer 2017 Kino Lorber catalogue. Bring on Swanson and Valentino! Nice catalogue, too. We watched the gorgeous Kino BD of The Mark of Zorro last night and I wondered if any other Tyrone Power, or perhaps Hemingway, films might be in the pipeline. Any chance for Captain From Castile, The Sun Also Rises, The Black Rose, Son of Fury, Nightmare Alley or The Snows of Kilimanjaro in the future?

The Sun Also Rises is due to come out in the U.K. very soon. Amazon U.K have been listing it for some time.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
THE MAN WITH NO NAME
man_with_no_name.jpg

Jordan Krug

Stunt Coordinator
When this 50th ann. "restored" version of FISTFUL OF DOLLARS premiered at Cannes in 2014, I remember hearing somewhere that the film had not really been in any dire need of a restoration -unlike, say, a certain John Wayne war film set in Texas - it's just that there was this need to have something new/ special for the anniversary. Oh well, it's all to the better (save for the yellow-push problem) for the film..

Still, Quentin Tarantino's (presenter at the premiere) sentiments, as related via this article, resonate deeply:

http://www.indiewire.com/2014/10/qu...rs-shown-at-cannes-made-him-depressed-271706/

After some more research, I believe I made an error when I said both dollars films were restored in 2014, they marketed it as such (the entire trilogy restored) but it appears they reused the previous master for fafdm and only redid FOD and GBU.

Here's ritrovata's page on the 2014 release of FAFDM:

http://distribuzione.ilcinemaritrovato.it/per-qualche-dollaro-in-piu

Gotta say I'm beyond thrilled Kino is doing a new 4k scan. I really hope they can find the complete beating scene as the last Italian release was missing a few seconds.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming August 1st From Code Red!
DVD and BD Distributed by Kino Lorber!
Brand New 2016 HD Master!

One Dark Night (1982) Starring Meg Tilly, Adam West, E.G. Daily, Robin Evans, Leslie Speights and Kevin Peter Hall - Directed by Tom McLoughlin (Date with an Angel, Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI)

Special Features:
Audio Commentary with Director Tom McLoughlin and Writer Michael Hawes | Work Print Version of the Film | Brand New Commentary with Director Tom McLoughlin and Producer Michael Schroeder | Brand New On-camera interviews with McLoughlin, Schroeder, Actress E.G. Daily, Make-up Person Paul Clemens, DP Hal Trussell, Production Designer Craig Steams | Original Theatrical Trailer

odn.jpg

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I actually never thought THE OUTER LIMITS would get Blu-ray release. Kino has become one of the coolest companies for getting classic t.v. and movies out of HD. Other than the mid-month announcements from TT, Criterion and The Archives, Kino is (all month long) bringing out titles one would have thought buried in the studio vaults forever except maybe for streaming. The extras you've been adding put you leaps and bounds ahead of,say, Olive. Your aggressive release schedule exceeds those of Shout! and Scream Factory and most others exponentially. Your transfer quality has improved greatly during the past year or two. Thanks, everyone there who is acquiring these, and Mister Lime for keeping us informed!

...But are you willing to extend me a loan to cover the cost of buying all of these great releases?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Masters!

The Outer Limits (Original Series 1963-1965)

Season 1 (32 Episodes - 8 Discs) - Late 2017
Season 2 (17 Episodes - 5 Discs) - Early 2018

View attachment 38536

this is that announcement that i was waiting on:D, there is nothing wrong with that announcement

at this point i just wish that Kino was in in control of the MGM library, with all of the great announcements, it shows the regard that you hold these films, and there would be a better chance for a complete Restoration of the Alamo, something MGM doesn't seem to want to do

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
Brand New HD Masters!

View attachment 38536

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST THE PICTURE, KINO IS CONTROLLING TRANSMISSION...........................................

YES, YES, YEESSSSSSS. This is absolutely incredible. Man, I grew up watching the original airings of this series. Loved it then, love it now. Just watched The Galaxy Being a couple of days ago. I have the complete series on dvd, I thought ever seeing this on blu was never going to happen. Thank you Kino ! ! ! It would be cool if Kino offered a little Outer Limits figure with these, maybe a little 3" Galaxy Being, or, maybe a little 3" Zanti Misfit, LOL. Now, if someone would just release The Munsters on blu, lol !

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Brand New HD Masters!

View attachment 38536

Thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU!!!!!! Amazingly awesome news! Both of these sets are a day one purchase for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks