What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Great news about new major company library! Im hoping its Universal rather than Columbia. Shout! was concentrating on genre films (I was disappointed they never got to EYE OF THE CAT or GAMES) from the Universal library whereas KL is very good at releasing films never on video before of which Universal has some gems. ALMOST SUMMER, RED SKY AT MORNING, JIM THE WORLDS GREATEST, WHATS SO BAD ABOUT FEELIN GOOD?, NUNZIO, WALK PROUD, PLAY IT AS IT LAYS, TAKING OFF, PUZZLE OF A DOWNFALL CHILD, FAST CHARLIE THE MOONBEAM RIDER, WC FIELDS AND ME, CATTLE ANNIE AND LITTLE BRITCHES , MOMENT BY MOMENT ,CAN HEIRMYNOUS MERKIN..?, MOMENT BY MOMENT, BEAU GESTE and THE RA EXPEDITIONS

And elusive Blu upgrades of SWEET CHARITY, TELL THEM WILLIE BOY WAS HERE, CAR WASH, LAST REMAKE OF BEAU GESTE, WINNING, BLUE COLLAR, SWASHBUCKLER, The Don Knotts movies, MELVIN AND HOWARD, THE GREEK TYCOON , GRAY LADY DOWN , INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN, YANKS, THE SEDUCTION OF JOE TYNAN, MORE AMERICAN GRAFITTI, UFOria FM, I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND , THE DAY OF THE JACKAL,THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS, MINNIE AND MOSKOWITZ, MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS, ANNE OF A THOUSAND DAYS ,GREAT NORTHFIELD MINNESOTA RAID, ULZANAS RAIDand THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER.

VHS Onlies KING OF THE MOUNTAIN, PURSUIT OF DB COOPER, BOOM!, SECRET CEREMONY,THE BLACK WINDMILL, DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE

Either compay will be terrific as K-L does an outstanding job.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming April 18th on Blu-ray!

The Mephisto Waltz (1971) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Bill Cooke
• Audio Commentary by actress Pamelyn Ferdin, moderated by filmmaker Elijah Drenner
• Trailer Gallery

738329207410.jpg

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
In a couple of days we'll be announcing the first title from our new deal with a NEW major studio :D

I'm aware that this is totally impossible, but what if that studio was Disney, since they don't seem to care enough about their biggest classic films!
And maybe we could get at last some titles from the ABC studio too, which unfortunately is Disney too!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Disney has licensed their non-Disney branded catalog titles before (Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, the ABC Pictures/Palomar Pictures catalog, etc.). So, while not impossible, if it is Disney I wouldn't expect any titles that were released under the Walt Disney Pictures branding.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Disney has licensed their non-Disney branded catalog titles before (Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, the ABC Pictures/Palomar Pictures catalog, etc.). So, while not impossible, if it is Disney I wouldn't expect any titles that were released under the Walt Disney Pictures branding.

That would be good enough for me too! :)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
In July of 2014, we announced our first KINO LORBER STUDIO CLASSICS release and our 70+ deal with MGM. Since then we've released over 300 KLSC titles from MGM, Fox, Paramount/Republic, CBS and some non-studio deals.

In a couple of days we'll be announcing the first title from our new deal with a NEW major studio :D

I'll chime in with Disney, or Disney sub-labels (ex: Touchstone) as there's plenty of live-action titles we're still waiting for.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

I have a feeling that the ABC Pictures titles have not been remastered in HD.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I have a feeling that the ABC Pictures titles have not been remastered in HD.

Disney had responded to a forum member that they had been remastered. That was one of the reasons MGM released three or four of those titles in Blu. I think it's in the The Last Valley thread. But I have been known to be wrong.

Disney does take very good care of their assets, even though they don't do much with them.

Last edited:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Disney had responded to a forum member that they had been remastered. That was one of the reasons MGM released three or four of those titles in Blu. I think it's in the The Last Valley thread. But I have been know to be wrong.

Disney does take very good care of their assets, even though they don't do much with them.

That is good to know. I know that Straw Dogs and Hitchcock Selznick titles were released. But I thought those were special circumstances. Still, Blu-ray has been around over 10 years now. It made me think they were not remastered and available. Hopefully someone will make a deal with Disney and they will be released.

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
I'm guessing it's either Universal or Sony...

I believe you're quite right. Of the two, I'd think Universal more likely. Sony is already licensing out to Twilight Time and Mill Creek, so that's kind of a bare cupboard. Universal was dealing with Shout! Factory--at least for a bit--but my cold-fogged memory can't think of a recent release there.

How great it would be for KL to get its hands on stuff like Colossus: The Forbin Project, '50s scifi titles like This Island Earth, and the more obscure '40s horror offerings (Paula the Ape Woman Trilogy Set, anyone?.:) )

The best part of all this: whichever studio it is, we know we'll get some great titles done right. Thank you in advance, KL!

Last edited:

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
With Universal officially out of the running via Mister Limes statement , that only leaves Disney, Columbia and Warner Brothers. The Disney library of ABC Films seems most likely-and its an important library withTHEY SHOOT HORSES?, PRIZZIS HONOR and SILKWOOD the standouts. Many outstanding films that K-L will present in their customary outstanding way. Columbias library is the weakest and WB is slowly rolling out Blus via their own distribution. Disney controls many of the Palomar titles -so maybe we will finally see THE STEPFORD WIVES ion Bluray. K-L can do no wrong in my eyes...esp with THE WANDERERS upcoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks