What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
A Light in the Forest has never had a wide release DVD. I believe it was released as an educational feature. That would be a great one. Plus blu rays of The Great Locomotive Chase and Westward Ho! The Wagons would improve my Fess Parker collection...

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So we don't get ahead of ourselves, here's what I can share with you:

I'm sorry, but at this time, they are not willing to license any title they've released on DVD under their own banners. We have titles from the
ABC, Selznick, Touchstone and Hollywood libraries. This was a package deal, mostly pre-selected, so to get all the gems, we also had to pick up a few lesser titles, but as we know, some of those lesser titles are also regularly requested. :)

Last edited:

CarlLaFong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob Wheeler

I'm sorry, but at this time, they are not willing to license any title they've released on DVD under their own banner. We have titles from the
ABC, Selznick, Touchstone and Hollywood libraries. This was a package deal, mostly pre-selected, so to get all the gems, we also had to pick up a few lesser titles, but as we know, some of those lesser titles are also regularly requested. :)

Thanks Mr. Lime!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
A little info regarding the Paramount transfer: SUNSET IN THE WEST is a Trucolor title. The sources were the 35mm Red/Blue original negatives (w/a couple of replacement sections that were scanned from the 35mm Red/Blue positive protection masters). Everything was scanned in 4K, recombine/color correction done in HD.
Sunset In The West LC 4.jpg

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

I'm sorry, but at this time, they are not willing to license any title they've released on DVD under their own banner. We have titles from the

Good news about the ABC Films.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Excellent news about the new deal! As far as the Selznick titles are concerned, I sure hope Duel in the Sun is in there as it's quite a good film and the Technicolor photography should look absolutely stunning on Blu-ray. Regardless, I look to seeing the titles that come about from this deal.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Wow! Although it was my wishful thinking, never expected that!

Hope for Spacecamp then and the 2 Three men and a ... films!
Also a new 4k remaster of Pretty Woman would be more than welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks